Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcc2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I was wondering what are the most anticipated apps you are looking foward to when the iphone SDK is released in late Feb.???????:apple:

mcc2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
The SDK for the iPhone has not been released yet...... It is set to come out in late Feb. I don't know where you heard that it has already been released.....:confused:

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
It has been released. You can download it at http://www.apple.com/iphone/sdk.asp

I thought it would be all over this forum.
Did you actually think that you would get any laughs for that one? Wow, just wow.

I was wondering what are the most anticipated apps you are looking foward to when the iphone SDK is released in late Feb.???????:apple:
Nobody knows what the apps will be, because the sdk has to be released before they can be developed yet.

rammy

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2007
We have a comedian - this isn't a forum for your type. Back to school, lunch finishes on 5 min's!

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
Did you actually think that you would get any laughs for that one? Wow, just wow.

Nobody knows what the apps will be, because the sdk has to be released before they can be developed yet.

actually, I believe apple has been working with some major developers and will definitely have something to show when the SDK is released in a couple weeks. IE: Slingbox, etc.

I understand having to subscribe to slingbox, but if apple seriously tries to charge me more than a couple bucks for the app itself I will be dissapointed.

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
actually, I believe apple has been working with some major developers and will definitely have something to show when the SDK is released in a couple weeks.

I agree with this and I think it is the reason for the relatively long wait. Some have declared that 1.1.3 contains all the iPhone needs for 3rd party apps. I think we are really waiting for some big player(s) to finish their apps(s).

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
actually, I believe apple has been working with some major developers and will definitely have something to show when the SDK is released in a couple weeks. IE: Slingbox, etc.

I understand having to subscribe to slingbox, but if apple seriously tries to charge me more than a couple bucks for the app itself I will be dissapointed.

why would you have to subscribe?? It uses your tv, your internet, your slingbox. No other sling players are on a subscribe service... I want this app and would expect it to be $20

kdarling

macrumors P6
why would you have to subscribe?? It uses your tv, your internet, your slingbox. No other sling players are on a subscribe service... I want this app and would expect it to be $20

Just a note: the SlingPlayer is $30 for all other phones. And it's locked to one at a time.

Gets a bit expensive with more than one phone around to use it. I've been meaning to look around for alternatives. Anyone use something else?

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I think apps will be released in the same style as widgets, through the Apple download section, in the same style as widgets.

Or, I think it could have a download section on Apple's site, and I think it may be similar to the scenario now, the developer chooses whether the app is a demo, shareware, freeware and paid for.

Maybe the SDK will unlock a disk use option? :O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.