Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I have an application and I need it to send and receive data over wifi.

Can anyone point me into the right direction? I don't know where to start or what frameworks I must use... Some say that I should use Bonjour, but I don't even know how to operate Apple's sample code like WiTap for that.

Isn't Apple's WiTap example supposed to find my computer via WiFi? Well, I have my computer wirelessly connected to an Airport express base station, but WiTap doesn't recognize it... Same thing happens when using BonjourWeb. No results show up on the screen of my iPhone.

Can anyone point me into the right direction or at least tell me if Apple's sample code worked for him?

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
I have an application and I need it to send and receive data over wifi.

Can anyone point me into the right direction? I don't know where to start or what frameworks I must use... Some say that I should use Bonjour, but I don't even know how to operate Apple's sample code like WiTap for that.

Isn't Apple's WiTap example supposed to find my computer via WiFi? Well, I have my computer wirelessly connected to an Airport express base station, but WiTap doesn't recognize it... Same thing happens when using BonjourWeb. No results show up on the screen of my iPhone.

Can anyone point me into the right direction or at least tell me if Apple's sample code worked for him?

Apple's WiTap example is supposed to find other services running that Bonjour service. And your computer doesn't do that by itself.

You would have to write a Mac program that registers for that Bonjour service and then you iPhone could find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.