iPhone SDK installation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pprokopis, Jul 18, 2008.

1. pprokopis macrumors newbie

I have just downloaded the iPhone SDK. Mounting the .dmg opens a window containing a folder named "Packages". Do I have to install all the packages inside one by one? Also do I have to upgrade to Mac OS 10.5.3? I am running 10.5.1 on AMD. During the installation I saw that it skipped iPhoneSDK. But I install these packages: iPhoneHostSideTools.pkg, iPhoneSDKHeadersAndLibs.pkg, iPhoneSimulatorPlatform.pkg and iPhoneSystemComponents.pkg succesfully. I also installed DashCode and tried to make a simple web application (text editor) and when i simulated it everything looked ok.
    Thanks!

2. CyberGreg macrumors regular

Hmmm if you had a "legal" copy of the SDK ;) you'd know that the requirements for the final version are:
    OS X 10.5.3 or newer
    iTunes 7.7

:cool:

PS Just messin' w/ya

3. pprokopis thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a legal copy. I downloaded it from Mac Dev Center... My copy of leopard isn't legal since I am running Mac OS on AMD. Anyway I will start playing around building applications and will see if everything is ok...
    Thanks.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

You have to have 10.5.3 or later for the SDK to even install. From the system requirements:
    XCode 3.1 will install on older versions, but the iPhone SDK won't.

(FYI, there's a chance this post will get locked or deleted, I don't think support for Hackintosh machines is allowed here. You'd probably have better luck at a site dedicated to that sort of thing).