Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pprokopis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I have just downloaded the iPhone SDK. Mounting the .dmg opens a window containing a folder named "Packages". Do I have to install all the packages inside one by one? Also do I have to upgrade to Mac OS 10.5.3? I am running 10.5.1 on AMD. During the installation I saw that it skipped iPhoneSDK. But I install these packages: iPhoneHostSideTools.pkg, iPhoneSDKHeadersAndLibs.pkg, iPhoneSimulatorPlatform.pkg and iPhoneSystemComponents.pkg succesfully. I also installed DashCode and tried to make a simple web application (text editor) and when i simulated it everything looked ok.
Thanks!

CyberGreg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2004
SoCal
Hmmm if you had a "legal" copy of the SDK ;) you'd know that the requirements for the final version are:
OS X 10.5.3 or newer
iTunes 7.7

Apple iPhone Dev site said:
* Upgrade Mac OS X, iTunes, and iPhone OS
* Before installing iPhone OS 2.0 use Software Update to install Mac OS X v10.5.3 or later and iTunes 7.7. Use iTunes 7.7 to update your devices to iPhone OS 2.0
:cool:

PS Just messin' w/ya

pprokopis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
It is a legal copy. I downloaded it from Mac Dev Center... My copy of leopard isn't legal since I am running Mac OS on AMD. Anyway I will start playing around building applications and will see if everything is ok...
Thanks.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
You have to have 10.5.3 or later for the SDK to even install. From the system requirements:
Compatibility with Mac*OS*X Versions
iPhone SDK will run on Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.5.3 or later.
XCode 3.1 will install on older versions, but the iPhone SDK won't.

(FYI, there's a chance this post will get locked or deleted, I don't think support for Hackintosh machines is allowed here. You'd probably have better luck at a site dedicated to that sort of thing).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.