Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben5959

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
So now is it safe to say that the process that the five apps are loaded onto the ipod touch is the same process that the 3rd party apps will use when the SDK is released in febuary. Personally i was upset that this wasnt talked about/demoed, but what are your thoughts?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
So now is it safe to say that the process that the five apps are loaded onto the ipod touch is the same process that the 3rd party apps will use when the SDK is released in febuary. Personally i was upset that this wasnt talked about/demoed, but what are your thoughts?

Why be upset? ;)

I am sure when the SDK is released it will be demoed to your heart's content… not that there is much to it actually… Plug in and away you go. :)

ben5959

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Just upset that we didnt get a demo of any new exciting apps or anything, i know that there are several companies that already have the beta SDK and i thought that people would have tripped over any kind of reference to new apps or demos, i know i would have. i was just kinda sad:(

iStefmac

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
What's sad is that Apple has basically halted all improvement efforts for the iPhone since last January.

None of the "new software" we saw in 2007-08 from Jun to Jan was developed in that year. None.

Each update was a small, insignificant feature roll out to stimulate false interest in the product by users already getting bored with its limitations.

The release of the SDK is huge as it will finally enable access to non-hacking improvements, but it also means Apple won't be releasing any software.

ben5959

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
What's sad is that Apple has basically halted all improvement efforts for the iPhone since last January.

None of the "new software" we saw in 2007-08 from Jun to Jan was developed in that year. None.

Each update was a small, insignificant feature roll out to stimulate false interest in the product by users already getting bored with its limitations.

The release of the SDK is huge as it will finally enable access to non-hacking improvements, but it also means Apple won't be releasing any software.

yah i thought about that and was worried, if your statement is true wouldn't that also mean that we can expect to never see features such as mms, mass email delete, and flash support as these would have to be revisions of the existing UI and not 3rd party apps? just a thought:confused:

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
why does it mean apple wont be developing any software? I think we will see more native improvement from apple over time as well as a large amount of software from the SDK. I also like the distribution through iTunes model as we will know that they have been tested and approved by Apple and wont end up with bunk software.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
SDK is a general computer term meaning: Software Developement Kit. It is what a developer would use to create their software so that they know it works with the intended OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.