Iphone SDK to be based on Y! Widgets?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GuillaumeB, Nov 30, 2007.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Since maybe last year I regularly listen to the MacBreak Weekly podcast and this is really one of my fav moment of the week! Out of curiosity I went to their archive to listen to their iDay show again. Leo Laporte said something really interesting when he believed that iPhone's SDK might actually be based on the Yahoo widget platform. It could, indeed, solve security concerns and at the same time bring in thousand of "apps".

I dont care much for the Stocks thing but the Weather is pretty cool.

What do you think? Is this possible?

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

I think going to Yahoo for anything like this would be absolutely silly on Apple's part - especially considering that their own widget engine is no worse - and at times even better. And plus there's way way more Dashboard widgets then there are Konfabulator ones...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. cmuench macrumors member

I would probably say if they would to go with anyone it would be google. Google just annoucned that their google gadgets widgets are going to be able to run on dashboard. Plus google has this whole google gears thing which you guessed it lets you run apps offline.

5. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Well, I surely would not want that either but i'm thinking that this maybe a solution for them...f course I'd rather see cocoa application myself !!