Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Your 5S is okay, and you want 64GB space grey.
Instead of buying what you didn't want, just wait and get what you want.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I have a 16 gb gold se and I do the same thing as you in terms of not putting music or a lot of apps on it. For me it works as I use it for texting, calling, and a few apps.
And there's millions of people that share your same type of usage. That's why Apple starts at 16 GB. Not everyone loads their entire music library and every fart app or keeps every picture they ever took on their phone. Macrumors members are not your typical iPhone buyer/user. That's why there are so many complaints about 16 GB ON HERE. Truth be told, there are millions of happy, satisfied 16 GB owners.

Reactions: koolmagicguy

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
I am in a dilemma here, and I hope you guys can give me some suggestions or some guidance...

...What should I do?
Should I wait or just keep my iPhone 5S in the meantime until he gets the 64GB iPhone SE?

I need the suggestions please.

Thanks

Wait for what you want. In a month the 64GB model will be available everywhere.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
The guy called me from the shop and told me that he does not have at the moment the 64gb on the space grey. I will just keep my 5s for now until he has it.

If not then I will get the 16gb instead because the SE model has more RAM and the A9 processor. I would get the SE just for that reason regardless of the amount of storage.

The 5s is pretty snappy too since 9.3.1

Thanks to all for the help.

And just a side note here. I agree that 32gb should be the minimum as far as storage goes. Period.

Last edited:

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
How is this a dilemma, decide what you want and go with it. I would not touch a 16gb if you ever intend to take pics and videos on a trip. I took 400 pics and videos yesterday alone in Dubai.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
The guy called me from the shop and told me that he does not have at the moment the 64gb on the space grey. I will just keep my 5s for now until he has it.

If not then I will get the 16gb instead because the SE model has more RAM and the A9 processor. I would get the SE just for that reason regardless of the amount of storage.

The 5s is pretty snappy too since 9.3.1

Thanks to all for the help.

And just a side note here. I agree that 32gb should be the minimum as far as storage goes. Period.

you should but the 1TB iphone model. they'll release it specially for you.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I am in a dilemma here, and I hope you guys can give me some suggestions or some guidance.
My local GSM shop guy called me that they only have the iPhone SE in the 16GB storage version only. He just cannot get the 64Gb version from ANY of the distributors that he usually get these phones from.
So he called me that he only can get me the 16GB ones. Actually he had one 64GB version but that was only in the Rose Gold and White color only. But I want the Space Grey color.

As far space is concerned, I don't download ANY apps at all. I don't download any music or store large amounts of data. Still have 10.6GB available storage on my current 5s phone.

What should I do?
Should I wait or just keep my iPhone 5S in the meantime until he gets the 64GB iPhone SE?
Or, should I get the iPhone SE 16GB instead, since I don't install any apps?

There's nothing wrong with my current 5S phone, running 9.3.1 and no lag. Its actually snappy. Battery life is good.

I need the suggestions please.

Thanks

Of course, you wait.

Why settle for second-best? It's a no-brainer!

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
I want the space grey. And if he still doesn't have the 64gb then I'll get the 16. It would also give me the excuse to save money LOL

This same scenario happened with the 5s...No higher storage for the space grey.

Have the 5s now for two years and it helds up well. It's fast. No issues.

I'll guess I will have to wait

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Sorry for the delay in responses. Well, I got the SE with 64GB...Yes, I am happy with it. Finally came in after waiting for 4 weeks now.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: PattyMc

FrozenInferno

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2013
Sorry for the delay in responses. Well, I got the SE with 64GB...Yes, I am happy with it. Finally came in after waiting for 4 weeks now.
Thanks.

Good for you OP. My 64GB SE is due to arrive tomorrow, though I only ordered it a few days ago through my carrier so the turnaround has been quick. I live in a small town and the carriers around here don't carry anything larger than the base model capacities in-store so I had to order online to get a 64GB. I usually run around 6GB free on my 32GB 5S so having twice the capacity will be very nice.

What color did you get?

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I picked up a 64 SE tonight in silver, setting it up now. Feels great in the hand. The 6 is still a solid piece of impressive kit, but I'm ok going back to the old smaller device, at least for a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.