Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Post which iPhone SE you have Pre-Ordered and when yours is expected to arrive.

I will be preordering the white iPhone SE 64gb and will update this post with the expected delivery date.I am super excited, these phones are extremely great value for money and I’m sure these will be a huge success for Apple.

UPDATE: I ordered mine, got the 64gb in white with a product red leather case. Coming on April 24th.

Last edited:

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
UK store is down as preparing for preorder

80F4508D-5825-45AA-9569-B332710D5B35.png

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Let's see if we are going to manage a release day delivery.

Going for a Red SE 128GB to update wife's 6s...

Shouldn't be a problem, not many people are going to buy it when most of us don't work at the moment with the lockdown in place. Even £400 is a lot of money, it would be irresponsible to purchase a new phone at a time like this.

Reactions: jpn

George_A

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Shouldn't be a problem, not many people are going to buy it when most of us don't work at the moment with the lockdown in place. Even £400 is a lot of money, it would be irresponsible to purchase a new phone at a time like this.
yes obviously this is related to individual circumstances. I wonder how much this device would be through network providers, should be a reasonable choice...

Reactions: waquzy

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom

Most people still have jobs... just receiving 80% wage instead of 100% but are also sat at home not using fuel, eating out, spending money on social activities. It wouldn't be irresponsible for everyone, just those who cannot afford it. This is going to sell, very well.
[automerge]1587119161[/automerge]
yes obviously this is related to individual circumstances. I wonder how much this device would be through network providers, should be a reasonable choice...

If you buy it through Apple Financing (Barclays) the 64GB is just £18.99 a month, or £20 with AppleCare. Add in a sim only deal where you can get Unlimited data for £15 these days (Smarty etc) and for £35 a month for all of that and a great phone - it's a bargain.

The carriers are going to have to be pretty close to that price or people will likely be buying it outright instead and going down the sim only route if there is a big enough difference once the media and press get hold of the info.

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Most people still have jobs... just receiving 80% wage instead of 100% but are also sat at home not using fuel, eating out, spending money on social activities. It wouldn't be irresponsible for everyone, just those who cannot afford it. This is going to sell, very well.

Yes, I do get your point, I'm in the same boat as the people who are receiving 80% of their wages. However, unfortunately that is not very manageable even with not going out etc. I still have bills/loans and child support etc to pay. Losing 20% of my wages is actually quite a lot and it just wouldn't make sense to upgrade and spend £400 at this moment. Especially as the government has just extended the lockdown for another 3 weeks and most likely will extend again after this period.

This will sell yes, but I can't see it selling out

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Yes, I do get your point, I'm in the same boat as the people who are receiving 80% of their wages. However, unfortunately that is not very manageable even with not going out etc. I still have bills/loans and child support etc to pay. Losing 20% of my wages is actually quite a lot and it just wouldn't make sense to upgrade and spend £400 at this moment. Especially as the government has just extended the lockdown for another 3 weeks and most likely will extend again after this period.

This will sell yes, but I can't see it selling out

Oh yeah, I didn't mean sell out. I guess it depends on lots of factors and everyone is going to be in a different situation, I'm just basing it on people on here saying they are going to buy it, even on the android forums people are saying they are going to be buying it!

If it helps, depending on the loan provider you can contact them and ask for a payment holiday due to COVID-19 as most are actually delaying the next payment until the world has returned to normal.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Ordered! Black 128B (UK). No issues.

I was going to get white, but I think in the leather case the black looks better with the open bottom and camera cutouts and you also don't have the Euro "CE" logo standing out so much on the black versions.

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 13.03.13.png

Last edited:

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Just ordered two for myself and the wife! Black and red, both 128 GB. Had to order them separately. No more than one carrier device per order.

Reactions: huanbrother

maj71303

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Maryland
Ordered White SE 64GB (USA) Sim-Free $359. No issues. I don't need a high storage version as I don't keep a lot of stuff on my phones and have my own cloud. I got this as a backup phone since I already have a daily driver. Something cheap to have that will be reliable and still get updates and support for years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpn

AnotherGuy345

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2020
Orange County, CA
I don’t know why I’m so excited. Waking to put the order in. I even Paid $30 additional for the activation so when it arrives it’s ready. AND I normally Would buy the latest and the greatest—but this time it won‘t be the 12. I just broke my tradition. Just recently realize I’m getting old.

Reactions: jpn and oVerboost

alcaje

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Just ordered White SE 489€ (Belgium)
Due to arrive 24 april.

Have a nice day.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Just a note for Brits - now that Apple is doing 0% easy payments starting at £16.99 it makes absolutely no logical sense to get the phone on contract from EE or elsewhere.

EE are doing £50 upfront plus £34.99 a month for 24 months at 4GB of data. That's £889 over the life of the contract.

You can get that much data SIM Only for about £11 a month. Add the £419 spread over 24 months and that's only £683 over the life of the contract.

You save nearly 200 quid with that one extra step, and it's more flexible, too!

pérignon

Suspended
Apr 17, 2020
Ordered a SIM-free white 128 GB at 5:02 PST. Would have been 5:01 if it wasn’t taking forever for the website to load.

It did not go live exactly at 5 AM PST. It was closer to 5:01.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Ordered a 64gb white and a 64gb red. It would only let me order one per Apple ID, so I placed two separate orders (one under mine and one under my son’s), presumably because I ordered using military discount. I assume they do that to prevent reselling. NBD since the red one is for my son anyway, but I didn’t get to use my Apple Card for that one so I lost out on ~$10 daily cash.

stinkhorn9

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020
Here goes: having only just got hold of an iPhone 6 (with new battery), I’m still so pleased with how it works compared with my old 5 that my initial resolve to order a new SE is now wavering. I’m not sure whether I’m posting this because I want someone to convince me that the new SE will blow me away compared with my 6, or whether I’m trying to cure myself publicly of my new apple fandom. Seriously - the 6 is great (at least in my limited smartphone experience)! I would welcome your thoughts... ?

Josieb1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
London
Ordered two half an hour ago, both sim free, a white 128GB and a black 128GB, both with Applecare and both due on the 24th. I'm in the UK.

Reactions: oVerboost
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.