Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The rumored design of the fourth-generation iPhone SE was today corroborated in a series of CAD renders shared by Indian tech blog 91Mobiles.

iPhone-SE-4-render.jpg

The images show a 6.1-inch, all-screen design display with a notch housing the TrueDepth camera array for Face ID, flat sides, and a USB-C port in place of Lightning. This design would be a substantial upgrade over the current iPhone SE, which features curved edges, a 4.7-inch display, a Home Button with Touch ID, and large bezels.

iPhone-SE-4-front-render.jpg

The new iPhone SE is apparently 147mm tall, 71.5mm wide, and 7.7mm thick. This is almost identical to the size of the iPhone 14, which is 146.7mm tall, 71.5mm wide, and 7.8mm thick.

iPhone-SE-4-rear-render.jpg

Overall, the images corroborate MacRumors' reporting from last year, which revealed that the next-generation iPhone SE would largely re-use the design of the iPhone 14, including Face ID authentication and a 6.1-inch OLED display, but with a single rear camera, an Action button, and a USB-C port. The device is expected to launch next year.

iPhone-SE-4-USB-C-render.jpg

91Mobiles previously revealed accurate CAD renders of the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro, but its Apple Watch Series 7 designs were ultimately incorrect. The website recently shared renders purporting to depict the design of the upcoming 12.9-inch iPad Air.

Article Link: iPhone SE 4's Design Revealed in CAD Renders

Last edited:

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
You can barely see the buttons on the side and there's no Action Button or silent switch.

Those are more "pro" features
:rolleyes:

What a crock all this artificial segmentation is.

Put things like the action button EVERYWHERE -- so EVERYONE can use it and Devs can really target it and take advantage of it. It's a button for goodness sakes -- a button!

I'd say the same for the dynamic island also
If you want these things to reach their potential, the feature has to be on every iPhone

Last edited:

mcnallym

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2008
Why do we have to keep increasing the size of the phone. I want my phone to be a phone. I don't want to be in an episode of Trigger Happy TV.

Perhaps the EU can get around to regulating phone size whilst they seem to be in the mood and do something actually useful and keep my phone at a comfortable hand size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.