iPhone SE 64 GB Price Decrease!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bodonnell202, Sep 7, 2016.

1. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

The Apple store price for the 64 GB model of the SE has dropped by $50! I guess that is inline with all the other storage changes Apple made to the lineup today...

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

That's cool. Would have been nicer if they doubled both capacities instead, though.

3. bodonnell202 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

True, I think they are trying to position it better as the entry level option though. Their lineup makes much more sense with the 6 being discontinued...

4. puma1552, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

puma1552 macrumors 601

the 64 is also now free on 2 year contract

EDIT: on that note, if i do opt to sign a contract tonight for one and then decide that next year's iphone is amazing, i can still upgrade/switch devices by just buying the new one outright, correct? I realize the contract will still be in effect, but i can still switch devices by buying outright, right?

DOUBLE EDIT: just chatted with verizon, the answer is no. i think eventually they do give you a full price upgrade available, but not until like 18-20 months in, which i think is the part i forgot.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Yeah. It was really weird to charge $150 more just for a bigger screen when the iPhone 6 had a worse processor and camera. The iPhone SE was much more of a steal when it was $250 less than Apple's flagship with the same processor and camera.

6. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

Oh lovely - and in the UK that price has dropped by £10 ($13.34) which is a joke. Why such a pathetic price drop for UK customers? :mad:

7. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

That's what happens when you still have a queen.

8. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

They've put up most of their UK prices to take into account the devalued pound, so that's why the price reduction is so limited on that model.

9. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

I think it's more to do with Brexit and subsequent drop in sterling rather than Her Majesty. But she does, at least, help with tourism and the odd garden party.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    Yeah, it sucks. I never wanted bloody Brexit in the first place. Prices rising everywhere. :(