iPhone SE A1723 (CDMA) same as GSM version?

Jay43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
Hi everyone.

I am currently with AT&T but spend time in Europe as well so I was thinking to get it there. Although from what I've read the iPhone SE Sprint version (A1723 CDMA) comes unlocked if bought from Apple at full price.

If that's right, I could replace my iPhone 5 right away without having to wait for my next trip to Europe and I could have a better compatibility with both American and European LTE.

So does anyone know if there is a difference between the iPhone SE A1723 gsm and the A1723 CDMA model and if the Sprint version actually comes unlocked?

Thanks

Mams

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2016
Hi everyone.

I am currently with AT&T but spend time in Europe as well so I was thinking to get it there. Although from what I've read the iPhone SE Sprint version (A1723 CDMA) comes unlocked if bought from Apple at full price.

If that's right, I could replace my iPhone 5 right away without having to wait for my next trip to Europe and I could have a better compatibility with both American and European LTE.

So does anyone know if there is a difference between the iPhone SE A1723 gsm and the A1723 CDMA model and if the Sprint version actually comes unlocked?

Thanks
As far as i was told by the Apple call centre it is locked to usage with a SPRINT sim although it can roam on international networks using the sprint sim only ... so its not the ideal...if you buy it from the Hong Kong store for example then its definitely unlocked

Comment

Jay43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2015
As far as i was told by the Apple call centre it is locked to usage with a SPRINT sim although it can roam on international networks using the sprint sim only ... so its not the ideal...if you buy it from the Hong Kong store for example then its definitely unlocked
That's what I thought. I guess I'll have to wait until I go to Europe to get an unlocked A1723 iphone SE
Too bad they didn't make it global like for the 6S

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.