iPhone SE: After nearly 1 year, still doing OK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arkitect, Feb 18, 2017.

1. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Just a general question for iPhone SE users as we're approaching the 1 year anniversary and I'm just curious how others' phones are performing.

For the last couple months it seems as if my phone is running hotter than before.

Is it age? (10 months)
    Is it iOS 10.2?

FWIW, Coconut battery tells me my battery has 93% health, after 198 Loadcycles.

And also my Home Button is definitely getting a bit stickier/clickier…

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I didn't have mine for long. I switched to the iPhone 7 for that sexy jet black color. :/

3. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

My iPhone SE is my all time favorite phone. Can't say I feel any difference. I've had a case on the back of it though. My home button is the same. Is it supposed to get clicker?

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

5. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I have both and choose the SE over the 7.

SE is doing well. Love having a lightweight phone plus audio jack. Charging via anker and listening to future on my headphones right now traveling across world.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't have the SE, but I do have two iPhone 5's. My wife's iPhone 5 and my iPhone 5. Both are doing fine. And I know the SE uses their form factor.

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I was content with the iPhone SE even after the iPhone 7 came out, but then my dad gave me his old iPhone 6s and I didn't mind the larger size, so I decided to get the jet black 7. The only thing that really kept me back from getting the iPhone 6 or 6s was how ugly they were, but I don't find the jet black iPhone 7 ugly at all.

8. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

My iPhone 5s still looks like it did the day it was opened, love my Apple leather case.

Runs fine too.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Any hot deals at the moment for an iphone SE? I'd like to pick one up for a good price as a spare.
    That phone is a beast.

10. Math889 macrumors 65816

I love my iPhone SE , pretend to keep it for a long time . Fast , compact phone , great battery .love the Space grey color too . It's so gorgeous .

11. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

My SE is running great. It's my spare/2nd phone so it definitely doesn't get as much abuse as my primary iPhone 7. But it's an incredibly sturdy phone. My old eyes have gotten used to the bigger screens now but the SE form factor is still the most comfortable design for an iPhone in my personal opinion. I love this phone.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I sold my 5s after downloading the bulk iOS for the 5SE. I really love the battery life and of course the size. When I'm out I can see other screens from a distance cause they are HUGE lol. I hope Apple keeps this size because its more manageable vs iPhone 7/6

13. cola79 macrumors regular

I must say i am still happy how fast everything works. I really got no reason to upgrade, though i must admit, if i could afford a plus model, i might choose that.

But at all the se is a great phone which outperforms most newer models if not all available in his price range.

It's fast, great camera, all apps work fluently and battery is not great, but not bad either. And it's the first smartphone were i don't find any serious point why i should change to something else.

I also got this clicky sticky home button "problem". Hope this will not lead to a damaged button.

14. Relentless Power, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I had the SE for six months. Great iPhone. Only drawbacks were the sub par display and speakers were lacking. Otherwise, the battery was stellar and comfortability was great. Built solid. I think the SE will be back in 2018 for a refesh.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My son uses the SE and regularly drains the battery. I'd say he averages 1 cycle a day easily. It seems to be doing just fine, though I don't have batteryu stats.

16. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I have a 7 and se. I just made the se my regular phone. First I use prefer the headphone jack as I use an audio cable at work. Second it is almost as fast as my 7 was. Third the camera is the same one as in the 6s and to my untrained eye just about as good as the 7. Fourth and the biggest for me is that I like the smaller size phone as it is easier for me to use. These are all just opinions though.

17. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

My SE is still doing great performance wise. The battery is still much better than the 6s that I own as well. And I use my phone a lot throughout the day.

18. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'm tempted to get a SE because I never owned a 4" phone and one-handed use is unmatched.

A pity Apple never upgraded the FFC...I don't take selfies, but do use FT.

If I'm not careful, I could have a small collection going in no time...I did this with laptops and a phone is a heckuva lot smaller. :)

19. greensalad macrumors regular

greensalad

My SE is doing very well. The home button is indeed very clicky lately though.

More storage (I went with 16GB) and 3D Touch would be nice. I'd be tempted by a 128GB model; a new colour would be lovely too.

20. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Change the phone you ended up with to iPhone 7 Plus and you have my story. The SE I have still works great though. Using it as a backup phone.

21. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

Same here. Space gray looks cool.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2017 ---
    The battery life is actually great. Can last 9 hours straight.

22. cola79 macrumors regular

It could last 9 hours, but with the newest firmware i just get 7 to 8 hours until the battery is empty and the phone shuts down.

And i use the phone the same way like always, no new apps etc. .

23. apple_power_user macrumors newbie

As good as on day one, and I bought it on day one. Heavy user.

24. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Still works great, but I'm noticing it's a little "laggy" after I updated from 9.3.5 to 10.2.1 last week. If Apple would update the screen to HD, give it a better front facing camera and OIS, it would be the perfect daily phone.

25. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

FFC is a bit of shame, especially in low light. I also wish the SE had 3D Touch since I love the peek and pop on my 6s.