iPhone SE - Contract pricing

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Hello all,

So Apple made a note during the keynote to state the SE 16GB would be free on contract. Is it safe to assume that the 64GB version will be $50 on contract? With no mention of 64GB contact pricing it makes me worry that the 64GB might not even be available for contract pricing.... Not a big deal but I would prefer not to pay full price up front and do not want to go through AT&T next.

For reference, I am a AT&T business member that still has the ability to use 2 year contracts and unlimited data.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hello all,

So Apple made a note during the keynote to state the SE 16GB would be free on contract. Is it safe to assume that the 64GB version will be $50 on contract? With no mention of 64GB contact pricing it makes me worry that the 64GB might not even be available for contract pricing.... Not a big deal but I would prefer not to pay full price up front and do not want to go through AT&T next.

For reference, I am a AT&T business member that still has the ability to use 2 year contracts and unlimited data.
IFollowing the traditional model, if the 16GB version is free on contract, then shouldn't the next step up be $100 on contract?

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
IFollowing the traditional model, if the 16GB version is free on contract, then shouldn't the next step up be $100 on contract?
The 5s was free for 16gb and $50 for 32gb. Since the SE is $50 cheaper off contract I assume it will at least fit into the previous 5s contract pricing.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The 5s was free for 16gb and $50 for 32gb. Since the SE is $50 cheaper off contract I assume it will at least fit into the previous 5s contract pricing.
That would be great, and I wouldn't complain since the wife will be getting the 64GB variant, but I could completely see it being $100 (especially since the RAM increase is more dramatic).

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
That would be great, and I wouldn't complain since the wife will be getting the 64GB variant, but I could completely see it being $100 (especially since the RAM increase is more dramatic).
That it would! $100 wouldn't be an issue either. Just wondering why there was no mention of 64gb contract pricing. Contract pricing is no longer a given since everything is moving to next style installments.

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
its $50, apples site has all this info on it.
Interesting! Mind sharing a link to pricing? I have been unable to find contract pricing... Just next or off contract.
[doublepost=1458613806][/doublepost]Ok scratch that. Both sprint and Verizon options show $50 on contract. AT&T doesn't since "normal" buyers can't get contract pricing any more. Thanks for the tip! So AT&T SHOULD offer it for $50 on contract for business members.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm a current att 2 year contract customer. Contract ends in September. Would I then be able to get it for $50 and a 2 year contract?

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Yes, if ATT is currently renewing on-contract customers with renewed 2-year contracts.

Are they?
They forced one of my family members to a next plan when her contract ran out. I believe it was January of this year that AT&T stated that it would no longer renew 2 year contracts for standard members. Business members are uneffected but are f***ed when pre-ordering a iPhone since we can only go through AT&T... Can't even order through Apple since AT&T doesn't allow them to process the 2yr renewal....

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm a current att 2 year contract customer. Contract ends in September. Would I then be able to get it for $50 and a 2 year contract?
Looks like you're SOL:

"Instead of signing a contract, AT&T customers buying new smartphones will have to sign up for an "AT&T Next" device payment plan, in which they pay off the cost of their phone over the course of time. AT&T will officially stop offering contracts on January 8."
http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/31/technology/att-2-year-contracts/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.