Iphone SE: Do you use a screen protector?

Emergo

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
Not sure if i should use one. This screen doesnt look like it will easily get scratches

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Not sure if i should use one. This screen doesnt look like it will easily get scratches
Have you ever used a iPhone before. Get a screen protector/glass as soon as possible before it develops hairline scratches on the screen if you bother so.i used my iPhone 6 Plus naked for two days and within that time it developed some scratches

Reactions: IronH4WK

ledzep1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
I use a tech armour ballistic glass protector and it looks and feels just as good as the iPhone screen, would not even know it was on my phone.
Its best to get a protector it makes sense, every screen gets small scratches over time.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Yup, I got a Zagg tempered glass protector - gives me that added protection without much interference with the usage and display.

Reactions: Sunny1990

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I put on a screen protector that I had from my 5S days. I love the fact that the screen protector disappears as soon as its applied on the SE. I hated the fact that the screen protectors were always noticeable on my 6. Another reason to love my SE

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
That's due to the curved screen of iPhone 6. The screen protector doesn't cover the curved parts of the screen.yes it looks ugly :mad:
Exactly, In retrospect I can't think of a single reason why the 6 would need a curved screen. Yeah, I don't miss that tell tail outline of the screen protector.

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
I didn't put one on my 5S and even stopped using a case after awhile. Now it's my daughter's. No scratches.

But I have a film protector from Spigen on my 6S Plus and it's great. They've come a long way with these things since I last ripped off my crappy murky one a few years ago. I'm getting a screen protector for my SE and my daughter's SE just because there's now no reason not to when they don't impact the display quality anymore or the feel.

I just don't know whether or not to go with tempered glass or more Spigen film.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I didn't put one on my 5S and even stopped using a case after awhile. Now it's my daughter's. No scratches.

But I have a film protector from Spigen on my 6S Plus and it's great. They've come a long way with these things since I last ripped off my crappy murky one a few years ago. I'm getting a screen protector for my SE and my daughter's SE just because there's now no reason not to when they don't impact the display quality anymore or the feel.

I just don't know whether or not to go with tempered glass or more Spigen film.
I don't know about spigen film but yeah tempered glass is a good investment for long term usage

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
i think screen protectors are overblown. i think cases are what people need. when you drop your iPhone 4' down facedown on a flat surface, its not the screen protector that saves your iPhone, its the case and its 1 mm (minimum) spacing according to the MIFI standards that protects your glass. i learned this from watching sapphire screen drop tests.

i was thinking of getting a screen protector. but my warranty provider, square trade didn't charge me a deductible for a new screen on my 6s plus, so why bother.

its cheaper to replace the screen twice without applecare then it is to replace the screen twice with applecare.

applecare comes in handy if you need support, or if you need the phone switched out because of more serious damage.. its the ipad you really need a screen protector / case or applecare on. theres no such thing as a screen replacement for iPads

Last edited:

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Going naked is such a nice ideal, like riding without a helmet.

All it takes is a single fall and you will never go without again.

A week after I got my SE, I dropped it, not realising it was not in my pocket. Luckily my official took the damage and it slid along the concrete on its back, keeping the bare home button from certain scratching.

neilem

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
Can anyone recommend a really thin screen protector that you would barely know is there? Preferably tempered glass.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
I always use a screen protector on my cell phones. The flat screen of the SE and 5s type phones make screen protector fitting much easier than on the 6 and 6s phones. Using a protector just requires a little extra effort to make sure that the screen protector is compatible with the case of your choice.

For those who insist on going naked, that's your choice. It's your phone and you assume the risk.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.