Iphone SE: Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Emergo, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Emergo macrumors member

Not sure if i should use one. This screen doesnt look like it will easily get scratches

2. Geert76 macrumors 65816

wait! there is a iPhone 6SE? Must have missed the latest news! ;)

but no, I use my iPhone SE bare naked

3. Emergo thread starter macrumors member

My whole life is a lie. This isnt the 6 se? Just SE?

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Have you ever used a iPhone before. Get a screen protector/glass as soon as possible before it develops hairline scratches on the screen if you bother so.i used my iPhone 6 Plus naked for two days and within that time it developed some scratches

5. ledzep1 macrumors member

I use a tech armour ballistic glass protector and it looks and feels just as good as the iPhone screen, would not even know it was on my phone.
    Its best to get a protector it makes sense, every screen gets small scratches over time.

6. xixi.li macrumors regular

iPhone 6SE? I will use a screen protector to my iPhone.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

No seen protector here. My iPhone is either in my hand or in my pocket.

Go naked, it's what all the cool people do! ;)

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yup, I got a Zagg tempered glass protector - gives me that added protection without much interference with the usage and display.

9. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

I put on a screen protector that I had from my 5S days. I love the fact that the screen protector disappears as soon as its applied on the SE. I hated the fact that the screen protectors were always noticeable on my 6. Another reason to love my SE

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

That's due to the curved screen of iPhone 6. The screen protector doesn't cover the curved parts of the screen.yes it looks ugly :mad:

11. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

Exactly, In retrospect I can't think of a single reason why the 6 would need a curved screen. Yeah, I don't miss that tell tail outline of the screen protector.

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I didn't put one on my 5S and even stopped using a case after awhile. Now it's my daughter's. No scratches.

But I have a film protector from Spigen on my 6S Plus and it's great. They've come a long way with these things since I last ripped off my crappy murky one a few years ago. I'm getting a screen protector for my SE and my daughter's SE just because there's now no reason not to when they don't impact the display quality anymore or the feel.

I just don't know whether or not to go with tempered glass or more Spigen film.

13. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I don't know about spigen film but yeah tempered glass is a good investment for long term usage

14. rigormortis, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i think screen protectors are overblown. i think cases are what people need. when you drop your iPhone 4' down facedown on a flat surface, its not the screen protector that saves your iPhone, its the case and its 1 mm (minimum) spacing according to the MIFI standards that protects your glass. i learned this from watching sapphire screen drop tests.

i was thinking of getting a screen protector. but my warranty provider, square trade didn't charge me a deductible for a new screen on my 6s plus, so why bother.

its cheaper to replace the screen twice without applecare then it is to replace the screen twice with applecare.

applecare comes in handy if you need support, or if you need the phone switched out because of more serious damage.. its the ipad you really need a screen protector / case or applecare on. theres no such thing as a screen replacement for iPads

15. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

Going naked is such a nice ideal, like riding without a helmet.

All it takes is a single fall and you will never go without again.

A week after I got my SE, I dropped it, not realising it was not in my pocket. Luckily my official took the damage and it slid along the concrete on its back, keeping the bare home button from certain scratching.

16. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

The OtterBox Alpha Glass is a great tempered glass screen protector for the SE--I just reviewed it:

Kristin

17. neilem macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend a really thin screen protector that you would barely know is there? Preferably tempered glass.

18. jacobclause macrumors member

19. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I always use a screen protector on my cell phones. The flat screen of the SE and 5s type phones make screen protector fitting much easier than on the 6 and 6s phones. Using a protector just requires a little extra effort to make sure that the screen protector is compatible with the case of your choice.

For those who insist on going naked, that's your choice. It's your phone and you assume the risk.:)

20. tallazzPilipino macrumors 6502

tallazzPilipino

I've had a 5s with a tempered glass protector that fell out of my lap when getting out of my car. the iPhone screen shattered behind the protector. I was damned.

21. DennisYearby macrumors newbie

DennisYearby

Supershieldz screen protector is the best choice. which is comes with 5 layers protective film.

22. Techexp2 macrumors member

It is better to put screen protector to avoid scratches and you could get best screen protector from amazon, ebay and otterbox.