iPhone SE edges are too fragile?

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Hello, i am returning mine due to a frustrating bug and bad battery life as well and i also noticed on mine when i was putting iPhone into the package, a mini scratch on the edge
I got it two days ago, i ve applied a tempered glass and iPhone been in the flip case during all time
Did you notice anything like this?
I am planning to buy new one since mine was bugged/defective but this fragility would bother me
Thanks

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
My SE Battery life has been better than with the 6S+, no bugs and yes if you use cases you will eventually get scratches if there's any give to the case or it's super tight because all it takes is one grain of dirt to rub against the phone and it'll happen. Some are luckier than others. I've found my phones stay in better condition when used naked. Just my personal experience.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Isn't there a difference as far as it comes to all that between 5 and 5s?
I don't see any.

Apple didn't advertise that the SE was made with any different type of aluminum. They didn't state that the anodization process was any different.

Granted, they don't have to, but I also haven't heard anyone other than Apple mention anything like that.

They kept costs down by going with an older design. I don't see why they would alter their anodization process from the 5s. Their only alteration from the 5 was to go lighter, which is why there was no Black/Slate for the 5s.

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Any thin cover that would protect iPhone's edges as well?
[doublepost=1462142327][/doublepost]Or perhaps should i buy those side stickers like bodyguardz or something like that?

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
Any thin cover that would protect iPhone's edges as well?
[doublepost=1462142327][/doublepost]Or perhaps should i buy those side stickers like bodyguardz or something like that?
or understand, that, the phone body, is a case itself...it's meant to protect the internals.

Larbo

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2015
Wow thats what they make cases for. My 2 1/2 year old 5s looked brand new when I turned it in for credit on my se.
These things need a case period.
The otter box defender has worked great for me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow thats what they make cases for. My 2 1/2 year old 5s looked brand new when I turned it in for credit on my se.
These things need a case period.
The otter box defender has worked great for me.
I recall quite a few people getting edges scratched up from being in cases as well.
[doublepost=1462155969][/doublepost]
It's a phone. A mobile phone. It's going to scratch. Wtf smh
There's the it's going to scratch part, and there's it can scratch too easily too quickly part.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
It's a phone. A mobile phone. It's going to scratch. Wtf smh
hahaha reminds me of people in my family who would use a scratched up old skin protector on their iPhone cuz they are to cheap to buy a new skin protector. So they protect the iPhone from scratches yet all the see is a scratched up skin until they replace the device 2 years later anyway?! El Stupido

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
My SE Battery life has been better than with the 6S+, no bugs and yes if you use cases you will eventually get scratches if there's any give to the case or it's super tight because all it takes is one grain of dirt to rub against the phone and it'll happen. Some are luckier than others. I've found my phones stay in better condition when used naked. Just my personal experience.
No way iPhone se can outlast iPhone 6s plus in terms of battery life.totally fake :D

Reactions: IronH4WK