iPhone SE failing screen (lower 1/3)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3568378, May 24, 2016.

1. 3568378 Suspended

A few days ago this issue happened for the first time and now tonight it seems to have gone permanent. The lower 1/3 of my new SE is vertical translucent lines that won't go away. Anyone else had this problem? Chatting with Apple customer service now asking for a replacement to be FedEx'd because all the stores are out of stock locally...

Pics at www.wemclaughlins.com/images/iphonese/

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Problems like this on displays generally indicate a loose or bad connection. They didn't offer to remove the screen and check?

3. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

First time I've heard of this problem. I hope you're able to get a replacement soon.
    I believe the OP said he was chatting with Customer Service. So I assume this was either online or over the phone.

4. 3568378 thread starter Suspended

They are sending me a replacement - supposed to be here tomorrow. I have the screwdriver and thought about checking the connection but it's under warranty--actually still within 30 days I believe! I'll give Apple Customer Service credit - they handled it all through a chat. Asked me for an IMEI # and to verify shipping and that was basically it. I'd like to not have had a phone that broke in the first place but they handled it all well, so no worries.

5. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

Good call! I would, under no circumstance, open that phone up under warranty! The warranty is good for 1 year, and you can even take it back for a full refund within 14 days.
    I wouldn't return it, though. Especially since they'll fix or replace it for free.

I can definitely testify for Apple's great customer service.