iPhone SE failing screen (lower 1/3)

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Orlando, FL
A few days ago this issue happened for the first time and now tonight it seems to have gone permanent. The lower 1/3 of my new SE is vertical translucent lines that won't go away. Anyone else had this problem? Chatting with Apple customer service now asking for a replacement to be FedEx'd because all the stores are out of stock locally...

Pics at www.wemclaughlins.com/images/iphonese/

chino-rican

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Virginia
Anyone else had this problem?
First time I've heard of this problem. I hope you're able to get a replacement soon.
Problems like this on displays generally indicate a loose or bad connection. They didn't offer to remove the screen and check?
I believe the OP said he was chatting with Customer Service. So I assume this was either online or over the phone.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Orlando, FL
First time I've heard of this problem. I hope you're able to get a replacement soon.

I believe the OP said he was chatting with Customer Service. So I assume this was either online or over the phone.
They are sending me a replacement - supposed to be here tomorrow. I have the screwdriver and thought about checking the connection but it's under warranty--actually still within 30 days I believe! I'll give Apple Customer Service credit - they handled it all through a chat. Asked me for an IMEI # and to verify shipping and that was basically it. I'd like to not have had a phone that broke in the first place but they handled it all well, so no worries.

chino-rican

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Virginia
I have the screwdriver and thought about checking the connection but it's under warranty--actually still within 30 days I believe!
Good call! I would, under no circumstance, open that phone up under warranty! The warranty is good for 1 year, and you can even take it back for a full refund within 14 days.
I wouldn't return it, though. Especially since they'll fix or replace it for free.

I can definitely testify for Apple's great customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.