Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I called my local Apple store today to see if they were opening at their regular time of 10am tomorrow for the iPhone SE and they are. The lady also took my information and the phone I wanted and said she was going to do an in store reservation for me at 7am Eastern time tomorrow and e-mail me (even though I really don't trust this at all) .

I assume this means they will be taking in-store reservations tomorrow morning at some point so you can go to apple.com and choose in-store reservation so your phone will be waiting for you when you arrive.

I just wanted to pass along this information in case others were wandering.

Ternary

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2015
I guess the big question at this point is when the in-store reservations will open. I've heard multiple potential times for this, and it would really be helpful to know so we can get a good night's sleep.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Just have to check before you go to bed. No official information at this point but for the iPhone SE to be available for pickup tomorrow, inventory has to arrive at the Apple stores today( hint, hint ).

Dave

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah that is still up in the air as of now. Now clue when they will go live. Honestly, I think if you go to an Apple store by 11am tomorrow morning you will get one. This isn't a big launch like the "flagship" Apple devices.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah that is still up in the air as of now. Now clue when they will go live. Honestly, I think if you go to an Apple store by 11am tomorrow morning you will get one. This isn't a big launch like the "flagship" Apple devices.

I'm almost positive that's how it's going to play out. People on here are a bit optimistic if they think this will be a huge launch.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
My local store guy said that in a scenario like this, the online reservation for pick up in store, if it goes live anytime soon at all, likely won't be until the store actually opens tomorrow and has SE's in stock.

His best guess was that this phone won't be available for reserved in store pick up at all, and if it ever is, it will be weeks down the road once the initial rush is over.

Different deal than with new flagship phones it sounds like.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Thanks for the heads up! Got a 64GB Space Grey Reserved.
Is that paid for and reserved or just reserved to buy in store?
I could buy now to pickup later, but I'm wanting to see if my iPhone 5 is worth a trade in first before I pay, but didn't see an option to just reserve.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Ok so just phoned Apple who said there's no in-store reservations for the SE other than paying up front first for in-store pickup.
So it's just a case of turning up to see if they have stock.
Or you can use the app or online site to see if your chosen store has stock, unfortunately they're not advised of stock levels but just a green tick next to the store name.

Reactions: alex2016g

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Right but the post above said the in-store pickup option appeared on apple's website around 8 am. Hopefully it goes live by the time stores open.
[doublepost=1459429097][/doublepost]
Right but the post above said the in-store pickup option appeared on apple's website around 8 am. Hopefully it goes live by the time stores open.
I was wrong. Went live shortly before 0900. Order placed!!

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Is that paid for and reserved or just reserved to buy in store?
I could buy now to pickup later, but I'm wanting to see if my iPhone 5 is worth a trade in first before I pay, but didn't see an option to just reserve.
I believe the only option is to pay for it upon reservation.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Oh poo, just finished work early to take my boy up the Bluewater to get his new phone, check the app and now they have no 64GB in any colour available .
Plenty of 16GB it seems which is pretty much a useless amount of storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.