Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
It’s the Employee Purchase Program. Sometimes new products have different time windows before they go on discounts. Sometimes it’s as soon as a product is released, other times it’s weeks or a month or so.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
It’s the Employee Purchase Program. Sometimes new products have different time windows before they go on discounts. Sometimes it’s as soon as a product is released, other times it’s weeks or a month or so.

I see. And why would Apple employees discuss such an internal employee program outside of the company on a rumor site? Not sure that makes sense.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I see. And why would Apple employees discuss such an internal employee program outside of the company on a rumor site? Not sure that makes sense.

It’s not just “Apple Employees“. EPP pricing is for for a variety of different companies that have corporate deals with Apple. It’s similar to their military, education, government, etc. programs. It’s just a partner program.

There have been many other threads where people discuss EPP pricing & discounts :)

[automerge]1589472802[/automerge]
I haven't purchased it, but it's showing as $391 (2% off).

Cool, thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.