iPhone SE motor issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshy0608, Apr 12, 2016.

1. joshy0608 macrumors newbie

joshy0608

Ok, am I the only one who thinks the iPhone SE motor is weak and quiet? I miss my 5s's intense motor so much. I've missed texts and phone calls when it's on vibrate cause it's weak. I even compared it with my friend's 5s and she said that its noticeably weaker. Is there a way I can swap out the 5s motor in my SE? Does anyone else notice this? Or does my phone just have a weak motor? I've seriously considered going BACK to the 5s cause of this issue.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have a different case on it? That sometimes makes a difference.

3. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

please. a case doesn't make any noticeable difference in vibration intensity, unless it weighs like a pound or something.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. The build and materials of a case have huge effects on how loud or strong the vibrations are.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Well if you open your new iPhone SE to try to swap the vibrator, you will void your warranty. :eek:

No two iPhones vibrate the same way, I have had previous iPhones that were louder or quieter. I would suggest you get it exchanged under warranty or swapped for a new retail box since it is less than 14 days old.

Dave

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

1. Get over it

or

2. Go to Apple Store and see if daily phones are similar to yours. If they are, then it's an SE thing. If not, it's a "your phone" thing.

7. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

yeah right. /s

8. joshy0608 thread starter macrumors newbie

joshy0608

I have the speck case. It's not the case though because I went to Apple tonight and it's just the phone itself. Thanks though
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    New retail box meaning another SE?

9. koolmagicguy macrumors 6502

koolmagicguy

My vibrator (cough) is also weak, although I don't have previous iPhone experiences to compare it to. Only time I have it on vibrate is when I'm working, so for me it's a non issue.

10. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, since it is within 14 days, you have the option to do a warranty exchange or simply return your current iPhone SE and purchase a new iPhone SE in a retail box.

Note 1: Any time you go back to the Apple store within the return period, take your box and original accessories. This will allow you to chose between a warranty replacement or a new retail boxed device.

Dave

11. nordique macrumors 6502a

Sometimes it's just a different motor.

I have had several iPhone 5s's in my possession and some of them have had different strengths of vibration motors.

I don't have an SE (yet) but could be a different motor for sure, but I highly doubt it since the SE is using many 5s parts straight off the production line

I did try playing with a few in the local Apple Store and didn't notice any differences from the 5s

12. joshy0608 thread starter macrumors newbie

joshy0608

Oh, then I guess I lucked out because my 5s rattled and I loved it. I could hear that thing from across the room grinding into the table on vibrate. This one is quiet. It's annoying.

13. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Newer iPhones in general seem to have weak vibration motors (probably by design). I noticed my previous 4 vibrates a lot louder than my current 5S and other 6's and 6S' I've come across. Galaxy phones on the other hand could cause an earthquake.

14. joshy0608 thread starter macrumors newbie

joshy0608

Yeah, that could be true. Some 5s's are quiet but some are really loud and deep. I guess it kinda varies.

15. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Change the vibration pattern, it always bugged me that the vibration in phones was so audible when it was meant to be for a silent alert seems somewhat stupid to have it make a noise you can hear across the room, you would be as well putting the ringer on.

16. joshy0608 thread starter macrumors newbie

joshy0608

Thanks, man. I'll give it a try.