Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I'm posting for a friend. She has an iPhone SE with BOOST Mobile. She's been able to receive calls no problem, despite no sim card. She was in New Hampshire, and a friend suggested she clear files by holding down the home key and accessing old files (I don't understand this and have never done it), but since then she is unable to receive calls on her iPhone.

in General> About> Network says 'Not Available'. Any help much appreciated. Thank you!
[doublepost=1524421362][/doublepost]note: She can receive texts via cellular, so is apparently still connected to some kind of network, even when no wifi connection. Thank you.
[doublepost=1524421459][/doublepost]Now it's working! I have no idea how, or how i fixed it. Thanks for all the great help here. Problem solved.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
There’s no way to access “old” files like that. What your friend has probably performed is called a hard reset. She just need to restart the device and sign out of iCloud account and then sign back in.

Ps. When you say she was able to receive phone calls without a SIM card in the device , I’m guessing it’s via iCloud while connected to a WiFi access point.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I dunno if I should laugh or cry from posts like this...

What are we suppose to do with, car moves but it got no wheels!

Not only that but there are multiple parties involved and should we rely on everybody conveying credible information? NOT.

But am glad it "magically" fixed itself.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Ps. When you say she was able to receive phone calls without a SIM card in the device , I’m guessing it’s via iCloud while connected to a WiFi access point.
I believe Boost is a CDMA network so while you wouldn’t get LTE it should still work without a SIM card. Probably the hard reset just messed up something with the activation that took awhile to sort itself out.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I believe Boost is a CDMA network so while you wouldn’t get LTE it should still work without a SIM card. Probably the hard reset just messed up something with the activation that took awhile to sort itself out.

Ah. So everything is working now then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.