IPhone SE not turning on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by martyonyo_, May 22, 2017.

1. martyonyo_, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

martyonyo_ macrumors newbie

martyonyo_

Hi!
    This morning my IPhone SE was off because it was low on battery, it did show the empty battery with the charger at the bottom. I plugged it into the charger and the little charger icon disappeared so i thought it was charging, it was like this for ages. A little while later i checked to see if it was still off and the screen didn't show at all anymore, i checked a bunch of websites and i tried to hard reset/enter DFU mode/connect to iTunes etc. I also left it in the charger for a couple of hours (which i checked if it worked with my iPad). It's not responding at all. The phone IS jailbroken, but only semi-untethered. I didn't drop it or whatever it just stopped working.

Greetings,
    Martijn Oosterhuis

EDIT 22-05:
    My iPhone just gave an empty battery warning when i put it in the charger once again this evening, i guess it isn't broken at least...

EDIT 2 22-05:
    Just used a little brush used for headphone jacks/charging ports to clean out the port, it's responding again, waiting for it to boot... next edit will hopefully be with my phone again!

EDIT 3 23-05:
    This edit is posted by my phone! Everything is back to normal.

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Obviously a dirty char.ging port,happened to me too.