Iphone se poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexrat1996, Oct 9, 2016.

?

Would you people be mad if apple removed the headphone jack on the next iphone se refresh ?

1. yes

29.7%
  2. no

70.3%
  1. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

We have no idea if Apple is refreshing the iPhone SE for one. And If they do release a refreshed iPhone SE, it's highly unlikely to have a 3.5 Jack, being Apple has made it clear where it views the future. I wouldn't be disappointed if they did delete it from a possible refreshed SE, being it would be expected none the less from Apple.

2. TPadden macrumors 6502a

My God man, you're the one who asked for answers. Grow a pair and accept that they may not be what you are looking for.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Apple doesn't care about your views. They care about money. And I support the cause and I agree Bluetooth is growing and showing promising venues.

Also, I have expendable income and choose how to spend it. No one Forces me or influences me to choose one way or the other which Apple Product is on the market. I want the latest and greatest, which is what I choose to purchase, because I can.

And guess what, you can guarantee Apple will not reverse their decision based off an 'Outcry' from the audience. Because consumers have fat wallets that will purchase no matter what the expense. That's reality and the world we live in. Not some false modesty of a ridiculous concept you propose to being 'Forced to a larger Phone.'

It's very evident from your response your bitter and short sighted of how Apple operates. Your post is nothing more than a deflection of the ranted band wagon effect. You moan and try to spread your hate for Apple's decision to delete the Jack, when in all likeliness, some like myself, spreads optimism about how to view the future, being it's here now and isn't changing based of your glib and ignorant understanding of proposing a wireless world. But I certainly enjoy educating those like yourself, who suffer with one side pessimistic views.

Oh, and judging by your previous posts, your flippant negativity is cancerous and
    Is widely apparent how you address other forum members. Try being alittle more respectful when engaging in discussion with forum members in the future. It's really not that difficult.

4. TPadden macrumors 6502a

I never really answered your question, so I went back and voted. Neither my 5S or it's replacement SE have ever had an earphone connected other than through a Bluetooth receiver (Sena motorcycle helmet). I use Bluetooth speakers otherwise. Removal of that jack I've never used wouldn't bother me.

5. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I don't think they would remove it as it is a bone tossed to those of us who fear change :)

6. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

I like it that they are keeping the 4" form factor, and hope that the model continues with fresh updates like water resistance.

If they do a major refresh, it is very likely the headphone jack will be removed - simply because Apple always endeavors to keep a standard approach across all devices. Also, Apple took the risk of moving the headphone jack to drive industry standards, and historically the rest of the industry will fall in line eventually.

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I honestly couldn't care less about the headphone socket - I don't think I've plugged anything into it since the iPhone 4

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Why would Apple remover it? It would hike up the price to convince people it's the latest and hottest thing.

9. Danjrel macrumors regular

I like how they removed something usefully to replace it with dongles. I mean that's a real winning plan. Here's a piece of poop to tie you over. Lightning to 3.5. Here you go
    Now you can't listen to music with headphones and charge at once with out more dongles!!!!

Then you have dongles on top of more dongles. The dongles needs a dongle to charge and listen.

Dongles forever. That's the future l.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I believe they will remove it. Just like they will remove it from the iPads.

All future Apple products will lose the headphone jack.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Some will get mad, all will have no choice but to adapt.

12. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Or, you ditch the wires because it isn't 1996 any more.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It would cost Apple to remove it. Maybe when the update it, IF they update it. I can not remember the last time I used the jack. For those who do, the SE is your choice.

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The SE is a great iPhone by many respects. Rest assured, if and when the SE ever receives a refresh, the 3.5 Jack will be removed. Apple has made it loud and clear in the direction they have chosen. It may cost Apple to remove the Jack, but that doesn't change how the future of the iPhone is written. All iPhones from this point will be without the jack.

15. Dented macrumors 6502a

I fully expect them to do it - even harder to justify removing it from the larger phones if they can still somehow squeeze it into the 4" phone - but it will still make me mad. Because it sucks.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep, you are hitting the nail on the head. I forgot for a few seconds how stubborn Apple can be when they have made up their mind. I fear some that bought the SE lately might need to take very good care of it.

17. Mr_Killjoy Suspended

Mr_Killjoy

A+ effort on that long-winded, self indulgent reply. Also kudos on reporting my post to mommy - proving my point.

Some fun facts, based in actual psychology:

-Those feeling the need to boast about alleged affluence tend to deal with feelings of inadequacy.

-Those lacking belief in what they're claiming will often protest and argue more, as they're attempting to convince themselves at the same time.

-The "bandwagon" effect is a two way street, and often both sides of an argument will have a respective "bandwagon" for support.

-Condescension is often used as a way to make oneself seem more intelligent, when lacking a valid rebuttal or argument.

The reality here has little to do with Apple removing the jack. It has to do with Apple again deciding how users are permitted to operate a device.

People like you tolerate it, because as you said, you want the latest and greatest. It's that inadequacy shining through. Did you get a jet black model too? Just to make sure everyone knows you have the new iPhone?

I agree with you on one thing though - consumers will eat it up. Because there are so many people unhappy with themselves and their lives that they use buying that shiny new toy as a crutch.

As for you stalking my posts to find other insults to lob, I'll leave it at this. Cheers.

[​IMG]

18. Relentless Power, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

First, Ironically, I didn't report your post to the moderators, they likely read your silly rant in the first place and deleted it, being it was useless. Not Shocking.

Second, if you engage in a conversation with another forum member, try to have some decorum and not use the term 'People like you.' It's not appropriate and lacks respect.

Third, inappropriately defined and used on your 'Bandwagon effect', which does not refer to a 'Two sided argument.' It refers to one individual making a generalized comment, with everyone else agreeing without providing insight on why.

Fourth, again...you mis-used the word and wrongly defined 'Condescension.' Your anecdotal response doesn't refer to someone making them appear more intelligent, it directly involves someone's attitude towards a specific subject.

Fifth, it's very Evident you suffer with micro- aggression when attempting to discuss the 3.5 Jack being removed with other forum members. And you then you post a deflection with a snide remark about the 'Jet black iPhone' comment. Poorly executed and sophomoric. And I actually ordered the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus in silver and Gold.

Sixth, anecdotal and again with no citations proved on your behalf stating "Consumers buy shiny new toys, because there unhappy with themselves.' How do you know this? Have you personally experienced this? I don't know about you, I like having money to spend and life is good!

Seventh, You used the term 'Stalking.' Inappropriately used out of context. That's a myopic response, being your profile posts are open to ANY forum member to read and to the general public for that matter, therefore, stalking cannot be applied in this matter. I suggest you re-visit the definition of stalking.

In closing, your exacerbated retort is nothing more than showing your out of gas, snark comments contribute nothing to the topic. But I was more than Happy to respond and correct your errors on how you replied. I think it's clear this agenda has taken its course. Oh well, no sense in talking to a wall.

19. Danjrel, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016

Danjrel macrumors regular

This was the best and greatest read I've seen.

I think that dongles are great and the future of the iPhone se. I think it's great and everyone is going to love carrying them around.

I will be the one with a back pack full of dongles and ect.

20. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Glad you enjoyed the read. And that's a literal response.

21. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990