iPhone SE iPhone SE pricing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eedoxies, Feb 9, 2018.

1. eedoxies macrumors newbie

Upgrading family member from basic phone to an SE on our Verizon family plan. We looked at options and the size was the factor most important to this very light user. I see on here mentions of discounted pricing on this model, but I haven't found any lower than the $349 price. I see Best Buy has the prepaid Verizon version for $199, but won't be using on prepaid.
    Considered waiting to see if an upgrade is announced, but honestly this model will be fine for the person using it and just wanted to ask here if anyone has purchased for less and if so, where/when.
    Thanks for any input.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The prices mentioned in some threads were brief sales prices. Check Swappa. You might be able to find a good deal.

3. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I bought an AT&T prepaid SE for a family member for $159 recently. No need to pay Apple's top dollar prices when the same phone is available for much cheaper with some research...

4. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Note, you can use the $199 Verizon iPhone SE prepaid kit on Verizon postpaid service. You just need to pay and activate for one month of prepaid service (~$40-50) first so actual savings is reduced to $100 instead of $150.

5. praterkeith macrumors 6502

praterkeith

I was told by Verizon in December I'd have to wait 6 months.

6. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Iirc, rule was pay one month service for use with Verizon postpaid, 6 months to get it unlocked. You don't actually have to wait for the specified time period, just need to spend the equivalent amount.

Granted, possible they may have changed policies.

7. 4RunnerHeaven Suspended

This is what we did with AT&T SE model. Paid $120 when it was on sale, and got the SE activated on AT&T. They canceled it within an hour and then I provided them proof I did buy it, and they reactivated it right away. Been great since.