Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmedlin95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2016
Hey all,

Longtime lurker here, and I just got an iPhone SE!

It's awesome, but for one thing. The top of the screen seems to have issues pressing icons. It's odd. Like, i'll press the "top paid" button in the app store up top, but it opens categories, as if I missed.

Or I'll get near the back arrow on spotify, tap near it (not on it), and it will go back.

It's almost like the hitbox (for those of you who play first person shooters) is too big for the icons in the top of the screen. Again, only the top. The rest of the screen is fine.

Is this normal? Thoughts?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I'd venture to say no. It sounds like the digitizer has calibration issues or something similar. I'd return/swap it out.

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
Hey all,

Longtime lurker here, and I just got an iPhone SE!

It's awesome, but for one thing. The top of the screen seems to have issues pressing icons. It's odd. Like, i'll press the "top paid" button in the app store up top, but it opens categories, as if I missed.

Or I'll get near the back arrow on spotify, tap near it (not on it), and it will go back.

It's almost like the hitbox (for those of you who play first person shooters) is too big for the icons in the top of the screen. Again, only the top. The rest of the screen is fine.

Is this normal? Thoughts?

I noticed the same beaviour with the app store.

thought it was just me, but yes i've noticed that calibration seems a bit off with mine as well. first noticed it in the app store also, then when i was tapping the top of safari to fast scroll up, and it took a few tries to do so. i wonder if it's related to the yellowing issue with my display.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I think it's calibrated for tilted angle usage. Also, when "paid" is already highlighted, I think it assumes you meant categories with any touch in that vicinity.

mmedlin95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2016
I think it's calibrated for tilted angle usage. Also, when "paid" is already highlighted, I think it assumes you meant categories with any touch in that vicinity.
Ah, interesting! Software working hard to confuse me lol. It's probably normal then. Just as someone with anxiety, I kinda find problems with nearly eveything lol. Thank you!
[doublepost=1459865600][/doublepost]
Okay, that makes sense. Go figure!

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
You shouldn't be having those problems,

If you can replicate it I'd return for exchange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.