Iphone SE Sim Card International Travel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly800, Mar 23, 2016.

1. pauly800 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if i buy the iphone SE when it first comes out in the USA, is there a sim card to it or not? Im buying an unlocked phone.

The other issue is would i be able to use it internationally? I will be using the iphone mostly in Mexico. At the moment, i have an iphone 4s bought in the usa unlocked a while back and used it here in Mexico without issues. I had bought a telcel sim card here for the iphone 4s. But my iphone 4s has dock connector/battery issues etc. So im considering getting the iphone SE.

Apparently, I dont think Mexico is a country that they release the iphone yet at the time it releases in USA and other countries. If thats the case, does that mean i cannot use my iphone SE here in Mexico since there would be no sim card? This is pretty important for me because if thats the case, then that means i cannot use my iphone SE here until the SE arrives here... thus no sim card for it? Or would they just put the iphone 5s sim card and that would work?

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

It uses standard nano sim like 5 and up.

3. pauly800 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I was told that you could actually cut a 4s sim card into a nano sim card to fit into a 5s. Is that true? If thats the case, can i do that with my iphone 4s sim card and thus put it into my iphone SE? Reason is b/c i still have everything on my old phone to new phone but also because i have credit on this iphone.

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Yes, you can cut the SIM. I would recommend a SIM cutter as I've done it manually with a knife and it took a while.