iPhone SE the fastest?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Galacticos, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

ive played with iPhone 6s, 6s+ and the iPhone SE at the display tables and to me the iPhone SE opened apps faster, had faster graphics and generally performed better. I've also read that the 7 isn't that much faster than the 6s if at all.

For those who have owned or used and compared them, am I right in saying the iPhone SE is extremely quick if not the best performer?

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

The SE has the same processor and RAM as the 6s, so based on that the answer should be no. Guess it would depend on what each phone had loaded (OS) and when was the phone last restarted. Also, being a display model, you have no idea if somebody messed up a setting.

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The SE is a fast iPhone, yes, being its a smaller screen, it has less pixel density. But I disagree that the iPhone 7 'Isn't much faster than 6s.' I have owned both and pending how you use the iPhone, I feel the iPhone 7 is much quicker in loading and multi tasking. I believe only the user can determine how they determine the speed of their iPhone in their own practical world experiences. Reading articles doesn't prove anything.

4. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

it's not just articles i can show you a lot of iPhone 7 vs iphone 6s speed test YouTube videos where iPhone 6s manages to open up apps faster than iPhone 7 even in Web browsing and multitasking

5. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I just watched the zone of tech comparison between iPhone 7 and 6s on YouTube and it looked a lot like in real world the phones perform about the same. The benchmark tests are different but benchmark tests don't mean anything if usage performance is the same. I'm going from a 6 to a 7, but I still found the videos findings disappointing

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

omg my 6s is .0001 secs faster than my 7. What will I do?

Jk lol I had too,

7. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

To me, I found the iPhone 7 to be quicker responding when opening and loading Safari and other applications. My disclaimer would be is that I am not a heavy multitasker and that's why it appears faster to me. But I certainly can tell a difference in speed from 6s. I could you give a list of everything, but to much to explain here. But let me end by saying one of my features has been the speed increase and over all how smooth it has been. Video's on YouTube are only anecdotal.