iPhone SE three weeks later :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Old geek 959, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Old geek 959 macrumors member

Old geek 959

Hello :) hope you all doing well..

I bought the iPhone SE three weeks ago based on many recommendation on this site. and to be honest I switched to Android after a horrible experience with the iPhone 6 due to many reliability issues. but I wanted to switch back and the SE is quite possibly AMAZING. and here is why:
    First the battery:
    I started to use smartphones in 2009 (iPhone 3G) and since I has never slept one single night without plugin my phone into the charger. except for the SE! for some magical reasons the battery lasts for 48 hours and I still got 10% to go! a week a go I tried to not use it much and it lasted for a solid 72 hours. Yeah 72 hours.
    Second the speed:
    Its fast like rocket fast. apps run in milliseconds and the butter feel of iOS 10 on it is incredible. and no wonder. based on geekbench its the third fastest mobile device Apple currently make after the iPad pro and the iPhone 7.
    Third the Audio DAC:
    You might be surprised but its a priority to me. I listen to music very much and I need a solid DAC and also am used to have a legends of audio quality like the 5.5 iPod video and bunch of other Wolfson DAC iPods . so the SE surprised me of how good it sounds even with a cheap pair of headphones.
    Forth the cuteness of the device:
    The form factor might not be very appealing to many but if you accept the 4 inch screen you will get used to it and love the feeling of control in your hands. your hand hugs the phone!.

So this is my experience with the SE its a wonderful 9/10 device for me. but of course there are some cons like the cheap front facing camera and the slow touch ID. NO 3D? I dont mind.
    Thanks everyone and have a lovely day :)
    :apple:

2. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I had it, returned it. Just too small for me. Looks like older tech. Resolution of screen is dated. Sticking my nose up to the phone just to see a web page is definitely dated.

A bit too thick for comfortable fit in my pockets, too.

And I hate the power button on top.

3. Old geek 959 thread starter macrumors member

Old geek 959

If you dont like the form factor then its over.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I can understand all of that except the too thick to fit in your pocket. Seriously?

5. Math889 macrumors 65816

SE is fantastic .much better battery life than iPhone 6 . The design is the best IPhone design ever better than the 6/6S/6SS design . And of course the A9 chip is a beast . My iPhone SE is much faster than my previous iPhone 6 Plus .I don't care for 1 Touch ID , screen resolution. Oh and don't forget that feeling when u put your phone in the wallet and u forgot that u put your phone there.

6. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

Yay, that's great to hear. I finally just switched to my first 4.7" phone (a rare splurge directly on the iPhone 7) and I love it now, but I strongly considered the SE.

7. JustJoshua macrumors member

Couple months in on mine and I'm still digging it. Before the se I was using a 5.5 inch screen phone and the se is way more comfortable with much better battery life. Still adjusting to the screen a little bit but no complaints here.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Congrats, glad you're enjoying it.
    Not everyone has the same taste or needs so its nice to have options.

9. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Why would you need to stick your nose close to the screen? Text isn't any smaller than standard view on the 4.7" iPhones (same PPI, as well)

10. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

LMAO

11. Math889 macrumors 65816

It will last longer than iPhone 6 .(IOS support) usually S models last a lot longer than non S models

12. trifid, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

I agree, I love the speed of the SE particularly on iOS9, and the battery life is also very surprisingly better than the 5s, I think it's the most underrated feature of this model.

13. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

It probably will be supported longer than the 6 due to the 2GB of RAM, but do S models really have greater longevity?

14. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Love my se. I have an iPhone 7 and have not used it yet because of the se.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Sold my SE before my having my iPhone 7 Plus. Even though the screen was to small for my liking, I really enjoyed it. It was a powerhouse iPhone with outstanding battery life.

16. carltabs macrumors newbie

I'm selling my iPhone 7. Sold my se to buy it and now just bought another se. Best iPhone apple have made in my view. But then I use it mostly for music and text. I don't read novels on my iPhone or spend hours watching films on a small screen. I have a decent TV for that and a kindle.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The SE's are solid devices.
    Waiting for some kind of black friday or cyber Monday deal to pick one up for good price I hope.

18. carltabs macrumors newbie

I bought mine for £379 brand new. £60 discount for Black Friday Argos. Good buy in my opinion.

I'll be quids up once the 7 has been sold off.
    Sound is definitely clearer with a wired connection again. Bluetooth was just fiddly for me on the 7.
    Too soon to drop the jack. Thought it wouldn't bother me, but it did.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Best Buy claims they have them for sale with a $160 Best Buy gift card. When I went to get one yesterday they said they were sold out. I said "give me a rain check or let me order online for ho e delivery". They said no. And the fact that every other store on the planet has a ton of SEs made me very suspicious.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 26, 2016 ---
    IMG_0001.PNG

20. raqball macrumors 6502a

raqball

Made you suspicious of what? I called several stores and most were either out of stock of the SE or only had the 16GB version. Most had plenty of iPhone 7's in all sizes though.. The Walmart I went to had one 64GB in Space Gray and I scored it! :)

The SE is a fantastic phone.. The internals of the 6S and hands down the best iPhone design of all time!

It's lightning fast, the screen resolution is fine for a 4" screen. Complainers about the SE screen are mainly just spec warriors.. It's crisp, clear and just fine for the size..

I always dug the iPhone 5 and 5S build, feel in hand and aesthetics. In my mind it's the best designed phone of all time and that includes Android phones...

I had the SE when it was 1st released and sold it for the iPhone 7.. What a mistake that was! The iPhone 7 is a nice phone but I hated the new home button, the loss of the headphone jack, the fact that it's slippery as all heck and the matte black version is a fingerprint magnet! Not good for my OCD...

Happily back with the SE thanks to the Black Friday deal. Scored the 64GB for $449 and got a $250 Walmart gift card.. Win, win!

21. Channan, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Lol....what?! XD

The iPhone SE is literally half a millimeter thicker than the iPhone 6s/7, and only a third of a millimeter thicker than the iPhone 6s/7 Plus.

To put half a millimeter into perspective, a US quarter is 1.75 mm thick. If you cut a quarter into thirds from the side, it would still be thicker than the difference between the iPhone SE and the iPhone 7.

22. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm also impressed with the SE's battery life. Left my house this morning around 645, and used the phone quite a bit during the day for music, Facebook, email, and web. Got home 620 at night, and the battery was still at 70%.

23. CYKBC macrumors 6502

Great phone coming from a 256 7 jet black guy.

24. Vlada011 macrumors member

Vlada011

I have 16GB version...64GB would be perfect. With this phone I will need to little to look for most important things.
    Next time for some newer iPhone 7 successor I will go on little bigger.
    Apple is smart they didn't build 32GB version and force people to pay 64GB immediately.
    But price difference is big. Never mind next time my iPhone with Airpods will have more space.

25. boiee, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016

boiee macrumors member

That's a good deal! Is that deal still available? I only see the iPhone SE for a price way above what Apple sells it for.

Also, was that purchased online or in store? On an installment plan or outright?

Either way that's one heck of a deal!