iPhone SE vs 6s screens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emporiky, Mar 23, 2016.

1. emporiky macrumors regular

Hi guys, at the moment I am still holding to my good old 5c but I am seriously considering buying the new SE. One thing that puts me off at the moment are the comments that the display is not the same quality of the 6s (and possibly 6?)
    Can anyone explain what is the difference since they both seem to have the same ppi- 326?

2. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Viewing angles and contrast ratio are different, that's my understanding. The former means on the 5s if you look at the screen from the side, it'll be slightly more washed out. The latter means text and images will look a bit sharper on the 6s. If you're not picky, neither of these things may be meaningful to you.

3. Brady0123 macrumors member

Brady0123

4 inches can be one-handed manipulation.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

With dual domain pixels, the 6s has better viewing angles - this may or may not be an important issue for you. I'm not sure if its something I care about. I believe the contrast and color is a bit better because of the different display panel technology being used.

From my perspective, I'm not sure its a show stopper for the SE

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Why not order from Apple and take it for a spin? Worse case, you send it back and hang onto your current phone.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

The SE is likely to have the same or a slightly better screen than your 5C.

Sure, it won't be quite as nice as the 6/6s screen, but it's not like you'll be going downhill.

7. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

Don't believe the haters, I've always thought the 5s screen was excellent

8. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

Better viewing angles = more onlookers can see your screen. Not sure if that's a positive.

9. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

I've had both the iPhone 5 and now the 6S. There's a subtle difference but it's not much at all. I mean, the 5/5S/5C's screen was already pretty damn good, and since the SE basically has the same screen you're good.