Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Hey everyone,

There is a sale at my cell provider on the iPhone 11 (pretty much the same price as an SE). Is the iPhone 11 worth it over the SE? Or should i wait for the 12?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
That seems like a pretty great deal on the 11. Buuuut...if you really want and amoled screen, wait for the 12.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Sounds like a good deal. Reviews for both devices have been out for months, so what areas specifically are you looking forward for a comparison?

Macrumors also has plenty of rumours on the 12, wether or not the rumoured features are interesting enough to wait is really your preference.

I recommend you visit a shop or buy these devices outright from a good seller like Apple where you get two weeks to try them out fully, then decide what you’ll keep, but that may not be possible with that specific deal.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I would wait until iPhones 12 are announced. Both SE 2020 and iPhone 11 should continue to be sold by Apple for another year (iPhone 11 will most likely replace the XR in the current line-up), so this deal will not be so unique. ?

Reactions: tt061282

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It all depends on your budget and your needs. The new SE and the iPhone 11 are fine devices.

If you want a slightly smaller form factor than the aforementioned with a full screen, wait for the iPhone 12.

If you don’t care, either the SE or iPhone 11 should suffice for basic user needs.

Reactions: tt061282

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
Honestly unless you have to have the latest and greatest then you could jump on the 11 right now especially at that price.

I’m not sure as to the deciding factors, but one thing to factor is the 5.4” iPhone 12. With its rumored size and price it could be worth on.

however, if we’re being honest at any point in a new iPhone release cycle we could always say wait until iPhone (number here) and it will be better. So ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️... I’m not sure i was a lot of help lol.

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
I would wait until iPhones 12 are announced. Both SE 2020 and iPhone 11 should continue to be sold by Apple for another year (iPhone 11 will most likely replace the XR in the current line-up), so this deal will not be so unique. ?

This is certainly good advice. We are pretty certain the 11 would drop by $100 going off what Apple has done in the past.

My only question is the exact price OP would be givingfor the 11 right now through the carrier promotion. If it is lower than the possible $599 Apple would be selling it for than OP could go ahead and get it at a better price.

Still, good advice nonetheless!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hey everyone,

There is a sale at my cell provider on the iPhone 11 (pretty much the same price as an SE). Is the iPhone 11 worth it over the SE? Or should i wait for the 12?

I promise, there will be a thread like yours every week until the keynote from this point forward asking “Should I wait”. I don’t mean to be unnecessarily sarcastic, but the reason I say that, it’s just better to wait at this point. Otherwise if you were to buy something now, then you just will regret it later on that you didn’t wait the extra XYZ weeks to see the latest device.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
After nearly 3 years my iPhone X finally gave up the ghost over the weekend, partly related to dropping it and smashing the back some time ago, so currently without a phone. I've picked up an SE to tide me over till the new phones and will then sell and pick up the 5.4 inch iPhone 12 on contract. Strange going back to the home button but will be fine for a month or so.

Tried the iPhone 11 in the store and it's just too big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.