Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Ok, this is a weird one, but I'm hoping someone out there has made this jump...

My Story:
I live in an area with generally piss-poor reception. My 5C does soldier on with 1 bar of LTE service which is just enough to use my data relativly normally and make phone calls if I hold the phone at just the right angle (lol).

My wife's iPhone 6 is just terrible, her reception is much worse then my 5C, she misses phone calls all together and her data is much more spotty.

For this reason, I've basicly stopped upgrading phones as I cant deal with any worse reception then what I have.

My Question:
Has anyone made the jump from a 5C to an SE and can comment on the reception differences? No difference, better, worse?

Thanks!

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Unless you're dead set on iOS have you considered trying out a few Android devices? Perhaps they would work better. Also different carriers?

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Ok, this is a weird one, but I'm hoping someone out there has made this jump...

My Story:
I live in an area with generally piss-poor reception. My 5C does soldier on with 1 bar of LTE service which is just enough to use my data relativly normally and make phone calls if I hold the phone at just the right angle (lol).

My wife's iPhone 6 is just terrible, her reception is much worse then my 5C, she misses phone calls all together and her data is much more spotty.

For this reason, I've basicly stopped upgrading phones as I cant deal with any worse reception then what I have.

My Question:
Has anyone made the jump from a 5C to an SE and can comment on the reception differences? No difference, better, worse?

Thanks!

Take a SE out for a 14 day test drive?

darkus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Going to buy an se in another hour, anyone else have any experience with this ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.