iPhone Second Generation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattydodgy, Sep 21, 2007.

1. mattydodgy macrumors member

mattydodgy

Hey guys, what do you think will happen to the iPhone 1G customers when the 2G comes out, because I don't know about you, but I like to keep up to date with all the latest Apple products... For example, if I bought the iPhone today, and the second version of the iPhone come out in a few months, will I have to get a brand new contract, or do you think Apple will work around that so current iPhone 1G customers will be able to upgrade and switch SIM's without paying for the second contract?

:confused: Confusing words I know, but it would be nice to hear your responses...

2. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

you better be able to just pop in your sim...

but who knows...

if i have to extend my contract i might just have to hack away and unlock my phone to use the legit iphone plan with at&t without extending my contract.

3. projectle macrumors 6502

Well, the phone would need to be activated prior to use, even with a working SIM.

This activation takes place through iTunes, after a contract has already been agreed upon.

However, the determination of whether this contract process is needed is based on the phone number on the SIM...

(HEAD EXPLODES)

So, moral of the story is that no one knows for sure. One would assume that they could swing by the Apple Store and pick one up, swapping out cards and worst case scenario using the 2nd Gen equivelant of iActivator.