iphone + secured network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sideonecincy, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I have yet to buy one, I am going to get one this week when I get a chance. But my question is how hard is to join a secured network?

2. Bostonian1976 macrumors member

just like making a laptop join for the first time - enter the WEP code and you're good to go...

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Incredibly easy. You give it the password once, and it always remembers it and rejoins when in range automatically. Some users had issues with WEP passwords on routers i believe...but i use WPA and have never had a problem.

4. Bostonian1976 macrumors member

I bet that's because they're not choosing "hex code"

5. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Yep, that was my problem. Now it works like a charm.

6. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Unless their WiFi routers don't support it I don't know why everyone hasn't switched over to WPA, its just so much more convenient not having to enter that beast of a code.

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I have not been able to get it to connect to wireless at work, since the WPA key has a ` in it and I can't find that on the iPhone keyboard. The damn key is also ultra long, took me 15 minutes to enter it only to find I couldn't finish it because of that missing key.

Wish it would just sync my airport settings from keychain, that would save me a crap load of time.