iPhone sell out on day 1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk8mash, Jun 1, 2008.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I am planning on going streight down to O2 to get an iPhone the day they are first available. Only problem is, I will need to wait for it to be unlocked, which obviously :)() won't happen on day 1.

Is it likely that there will be an iPhone shortage? Im just considering my options, in the case that I can't get the iPhone unlocked, I would either have to take it back, or sell it on eBay. If there was a shortage, I might make a bit of dosh by selling it to a desperate person on eBay.

What do you reckon?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The only iPhone shortage is the one that everyone is experiencing right now! Shouldn't be a problem getting your hands on the v2 once it's released. :cool:

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I think it will just come down to where you are located

On one hand, I think Apple will learn from the last launch and hopefully provide more iPhones around the country/world (not saying they did a bad job but will know around what the demand will be, etc...)

On the other, they may not know exactly how many current iPhone users will upgrade + New users so shortages could occur

I suspect most AT&T stores around me will sell out by the evening and I may have to drive 50 miles to find a store in the middle of nowhere (Central Louisiana) to get one

4. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

What happened here in Oklahoma City when the iPhone was released was people camping in long lines at AT&T stores. However our one Apple store did not have a line, nor did they run out of iPhones. You could simply walk into the Apple store and buy one. AT&T offered to 2 day ship one to you because they were out.

I think it will be about the same or less. I don't think all iPhone users will swap to the new one. Plus I think a minimal amount of people will go from non-iPhone to iPhone.

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

They wont run out on the first day for sure, but they will sell alot of their stock and probably receive replenishment in 4 days after launch..

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i will defininately be at the apple store the day they are available. do you think the demand will be about the same as it was last year?