iPhone sensitivity freakout.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kclrk, Mar 23, 2010.

1. kclrk macrumors newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idcAXxb8_k8

please watch the video. it's me showing what my phone is doing, because "freakout" is honestly the best way i can describe it. It does this EVERY single time I am on it and after about a minute of use it is completely inoperable.

I can just hover over the phone and it will press buttons. Today I was using speaker phone and not touching the phone at all. It was probably a good foot away from my face and it hung up on my call.

Background- I have a refurbished 3G (my first phone developed a crack in the plastic case.) I haven't dropped it or soaked it in water, microwaved it or snorted cocaine off of it.

Here is my problem- my warranty is up. I feel like I have done everything I can- I restored it multiple times. I had someone take the screen off to make sure nothing was out of place. I took it to an Apple store and the "genius" told me my only options were to 1. buy a 3GS and a new 2 year contract or 2. wait for the new one to come out.

I want to wait for the new one. but I just can't stand this anymore. The proximity sensor doesn't work. It hangs up/mutes/3-way-calls people when i'm on the phone. Texting is a nightmare. Everything is frustrating and I feel like i'm paying $90 a month to be pissed off.

I went to an AT&T store today (they don't carry iPhones, none do in my city) and they told me i'm out of luck and that there is nothing they can do but sell me a new phone.

After that I visited a Verizon store and they offered to buy me out of my contract with AT&T and I would get a Motorola Droid.

I'm a graphic designer and to be completely honest the whole black/gold thing on the droid just doesn't work out for me. BUT that is the only comparable phone (features wise) that I would consider getting aside from an iPhone.

I love my iPhone and I don't want to switch networks but it is making my life miserable and I can't live like this until they come out with a new phone.

what should i do?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idcAXxb8_k8

2. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Can't view youtube from work. Does this happen only when it is plugged in? If so it may be related to the charger (ie aftermarket). Try with Apple supplied hardware. If it happens all the time...then I don't know.