Iphone/Sept Moscone Center Reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rcnoodle90, Aug 7, 2011.

1. rcnoodle90 macrumors newbie

I was looking through the archives and it looks like last year's september event wasnt announced until like a week before the actual keynote. What is confusing me is when I got on here a week or two ago someone posted the reserved uses of the Moscone Center (I think that was what it was called) and said that there wasn't any allocated time for Apple to have a keynote.

In the past did everyone know that Apple had reserved a spot weeks before hand? Or was the announcement of a Keynote a week before a suprise more or less (I know that its a tradition to have a keynote in september but I'm asking if in the years past you could see the Apple Moscone Center time reservation)

Does anyone remember?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure, but I think the iPod keynotes are held in Apple's own auditorium at Cupertino.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

4. rcnoodle90, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011

rcnoodle90 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Most of the latest rumours still suggest the iPhone 5 will be released in October so it's more likely to be a date in late September for the keynote.

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have noticed that the schedules for the venues Apple chooses usually say corporate event or something like that. Apple has to reserve that space more than a few weeks in advance. The online schedule never mentions Apple even after the event has taken place.