iPhone service plan question(s)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtbandes, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jtbandes macrumors newbie

Alright, here's my situation: I'm under 18 and on my mom's Verizon plan, which I think expires later this year, though I'm not sure. I want an iPhone (don't we all?), but I'd be the only one with it. Is there a way to get a plan going with AT&T once the Verizon one expires with her non-iPhone being the main phone in the plan (if there is such a thing) and my iPhone? How would that work? And will iPhone registration/stuff work for me being under 18? Can I do it with my regular Apple ID or do I need an iTunes account, which requires a credit card, which I don't have? Thanks for your help. :)

2. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

You can not establish a new contract if you are under 18. If you want an iPhone, your mother must activate it in her name and with her credit.

Good luck.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

iPhones can be placed under Family Plans. AFA the under 18 and no CC part, that may be a problem. See if moms will work out a deal to do it under her CC account and have you repay the monthly charge, or work it off. You're going to need a CC, plus I believe that being under 18, you can't enter into a contract anyway within the US.

4. jtbandes thread starter macrumors newbie

So will it be possible, once I turn 18, to change it to my name and/or information? And what would the pricing be to have a non-iPhone+iPhone family plan?

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Its all on Apple or ATT's website. Basically its the same as a regular family plan + $20/month for the iPhone data plan.