Iphone setup as new but restore some items

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jr866gooner, Mar 11, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Earlier today I setup as new, phone was as if brand new but I wanted to ensure notes mainly came down with icloud.

Now when I added icloud notes came down, contacts did as expected too. But my pictures hadn't shown in photos.

I had also hoped when install two applications in particular I would get the content as well but have found that just configuring the account is not enough since the backups are truly held in the full backup..

I guess there's no way to set up as new to get the clean iOS 7 feel and get a few items restored from backup? :(

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Basically correct, but it is worth the fresh 7.1 install. Get rid of the old detritus.

Pictures, however, you certainly should be able to back those up to the Cloud and get them on your phone. Audio, JPEG, Ebook, all of these files can easily be backed up and put on to your fresh 7.1 install in just a few minutes.

3. Jigga macrumors 6502

What's the easiest way to restore photos?
    Has there been any new developments on restoring iMessages? I've been holding out to setup as new for something to be able to do this.