iPhone Shield case.. super thin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mofovo, Sep 10, 2007.

1. mofovo macrumors newbie

2. thestaton macrumors 6502

same here. any reviews on this yet? i'm liking the idea of the natural one but I dunno.

I'm enjoying naked at the moment. I just hate the face grease & finger smudges.

3. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I saw this (Agent 18) yesterday at the Apple Store, and it looked great. I will say that I did pick up a clear case at Best Buy it looks white here but it is clear, I took off the actual clip (just put it on with super sticky tape) and it works great and lets you enjoy the beauty of the iPhone and I found it for under $10.

5. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Please do.

6. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Are they carrying the Agent 18 in Apple stores? it doens't show up on the website...

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

They had one at the Apple Store in Salem, NH.

8. lush macrumors newbie

I absolutely love the Agent 18 case; purchased mine from the local Apple Store. The most important feature in searching for a case was covering the chrome bezel.

I dropped a screen protector on and slid my phone in that case and have been perfectly content on it's protection. Great look. Easy in-and-out when in my pocket. My favorite accessory so far.

Make sure the phone is completely free of dust and debris before you slide the case on! I pulled the case off to check for scratches and the like and didn't find anything - good as new.

9. Sdao macrumors 6502

I got my agent 18 case for my iphone on friday and have been using it since, its amazing. It hasnt put a scratch on my phone and provides extremely snug protection. Its great. Better than the incase rubber case i bought

10. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

the Agent 18 is a great case. I got it yesterday at my local apple store. What I love about it is that it's exactly like the incase rubber but without the unfortunate stretching tendencies, as well as being less "sticky".

It added very little thickness but feels very protective. I like the slide on/slide off approach, in the event of a drop I don't think it would pop off easily.

11. Gonzo75 macrumors newbie

I also got the Agent 18 case today and love it. For me, the iPhone feels much more comfortable and "substantial" in my hand and when using it as a phone. The fit is also tight/snug and when I took off the case to check for scratches, I didn't notice anything.

The most important thing for me when getting a case (other than adding protection to the back and an accidental drop) was that the look of the iPhone with the case does not look much different than a naked iPhone. I think the Agent 18 case delivers in both regards.

12. PDE macrumors 68020

What about the seidio case? Has anybody had any experience with it? I've read a few reviews that seem positive, but am still concerned about it scratching the iphone's chrome...

I prefer the seidio's looks to the agent18, but if the agent18 is a better case I'll go with that. Main thing is that it doesn't damage the iphone.

13. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I had about 5 different cases from Seidio for my BlackBerry but not for the iPhone so I can't vouch if it does scratch it or not but I recommend applying BSE's iPhone full body skin in addition to the case so this way you have no worries about scratches :) I'll be doing this once when I get my refurb iPhone :D

That case looks good but it definitely adds bulk. I wouldn't get it.

15. Adobo macrumors member

Seidio/Agent 18 Vs. Clear Plastic Cases

I'm also considering a Seidio or Agent 18, but my only concern is with the "chipping" of the aluminum finish of the back of the iPhone. Is the finish on either one of these rubbery on the inside?

On my first iPhone (I returned it because it was bricked), I bought a Belkin Acrylic case. Stuff got into the back of the case and started chipping the aluminum away. I cleaned it every couple days or so.

Currently I use the InCase rubber case and it's fine other than it's stretching. It does scratch the crome a bit, but that's going to happen. I'd rather scratch that up than chip the Aluminum.