Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
Hello, i'm new to this forum and I was wondering what might be the problem with this situation.. :/

I'm from Canada and ordered an iphone 6S 128 GB Space grey via apple.com/ca on Friday july 14th at 12pm ET.

Paid with my credit card which is a TDCanada Visa debit (takes funds directly from my checking account) and everything is fine. My account is charged and funds debited. (Like all my successful credit card transactions). Nothing wrong on that part. I get confirmation email of my order and it says Delivers: Tue 18 Jul by Standard Shipping.

11 hours later, I get the email notification of the shipment. Great! It says my item has been shipped, etc.

Shipped: Delivers 18 Jul, 2017 via Standard Shipping
No signature required for delivery

And it also includes the tracking number with UPS.

By saturday, on the UPS site it said it cleared custom and by Monday it says it's in transit for delivery.

Delivery day Tuesday 18 July, i wake up in the morning excited and expecting the door bell to ring at any given moment, nothing. So i check on the UPS site, and it still said in transit for delivery, and yet to be in "local truck for delivery" which is the next green mark.

So i was saying to myself, it'll probably arrive later during the day. Although 98% of the time the items always come in the morning so at that point, i was accepting it might be due for wednesday instead.

SIDE NOTE:
I noticed one thing the first day i checked the UPS tracking, my city which the iphone is due to be shipped, it had one mispelled letter,

Shipping Information
To: Saint-Lionard, QC CA

>> Correct spelling is Saint-Léonard (Which is the correct details i put on my billing and shipping when ordering and the correct details are also in the online apple store order details).

Not sure if that's an human error from Apple or from UPS guy/system. I just brushed it off thinking it was nothing, but could that be the culprit of this situation?

Anyways, So fast forward evening time, I check the UPS site to see what was going on with the shipment and i see this,

07/18/2017 17:41 The contents of your package are subject to export restrictions and may cause a delivery delay. / The package will be returned to the sender.

At first glance, i was thinking it had something to due with customs but the more i read the tracking page, it said it had already cleared customs?

Can it be due to the fact it had the "to" city had one letter misspelled? Or what might be the issue here?

It now says,
Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 07/19/2017 , by 15:00

Is that sheduled delivery updated to me or the delivery back to Apple?

Will apple re-ship me the iphone or issue a refund? I'm a bit at loss here.

And now in the apple store order status, it says: Status Returned to Apple July 18, 2017

Thanks for any help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Here is the screenshots of the UPS tracking page:

srpkf.png

kjsxr.png

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I would contact UPS directly by their customer support phone number and ask them specifically why it's being returned. I can't speak for Canada customs.

If there was a reason why Apple couldn't send it to you, they will just refund you the full amount.

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
I should've just bought directly in the apple retailer store or something. Why didn't i thought of that :(

One thing, i see i can "cancel order" on the order status page. Worst case, i could just cancel it but i'm waiting to see what will happen on wednesday. Will apple issue back a refund back to my visa debit card?

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I should've just bought directly in the apple retailer store or something. Why didn't i thought of that :(

One thing, i see i can "cancel order" on the order status page. Worst case, i could just cancel it but i'm waiting to see what will happen on wednesday. Will apple issue back a refund back to my visa debit card?

Since the phone is already in transit, I wouldn't cancel anything until either Apple receives the device back in their department or it's delivered. But yes, once Apple receives the device back, they will issue a full refund whatever payment method you used.

Also, I would contact Apple to see what other options you might have, aside from contacting UPS.

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your input!

Anybody else have the same thing happened to them before or might have any clue on this?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

Yes, you would have been better off to get it from an Apple Store.

Can't do anything about it now...

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
I just called Apple customer service and spoke to Gaby, and they indeed confirmed the package is being sent back to them. They said that the problem was on their end, something to do with the package documents? Can't remember correctly.

The package should arrive back at their facility on Thursday (tomorrow), and from then, she says they will investigate the problem and reship my package the soonest. But they said investigation can take up to 15 days and that they'll contact me via email regarding the status of my order which is each 3 days.

BTW, my item is an Iphone 6S 128GB SpaceGrey which I paid $1,033.63 CAD with tax.

What a nightmare. My first time ordering from Apple online and probably my last.. :/

plkhm.png

Last edited:

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
Just got an email from apple that my order is being processed.

Delivers: 21 Jul by 2-3 Day Shipping

And got an second email..

Title: We're replacing your items.

We're replacing your items.
Order Number: *******

As requested, we’re replacing the items on your order. Once they’re on the way, you’ll receive a Shipment Notification email with a tracking number and carrier information.

----

Things are looking promising at last :)

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Just got an email from apple that my order is being processed.

Delivers: 21 Jul by 2-3 Day Shipping

And got an second email..

Title: We're replacing your items.

We're replacing your items.
Order Number: *******

As requested, we’re replacing the items on your order. Once they’re on the way, you’ll receive a Shipment Notification email with a tracking number and carrier information.

----

Things are looking promising at last :)

They are likely just teasing you again and will wait and recall this one just before it get on the delivery truck!:eek:

Reactions: BigMcGuire

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
They will get you one as fast as possible. They are usually good at these things. I wouldn't write off purchasing from them via the internet yet. You just happen to have really bad luck in this instance. :)

Good luck!

Polo777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
They will get you one as fast as possible. They are usually good at these things. I wouldn't write off purchasing from them via the internet yet. You just happen to have really bad luck in this instance. :)

Good luck!

You're correct. When i initially ordered it was through standard shipping, but for the replacement it says "Delivers 2-3 days" delivery via Expedited Shipping.

I feel better and can't wait to receive my iphone without any hiccups. :)

prxzs.png

Reactions: jr866gooner

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
You're correct. When i initially ordered it was through standard shipping, but for the replacement it says "Delivers 2-3 days" delivery via Expedited Shipping.

I feel better and can't wait to receive my iphone without any hiccups. :)

prxzs.png

Good luck! What device are you using at the moment?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.