IPhone shipped but says will be held til Nov 3rd

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Preordered my iPhone x it says it shipped but will be held til Nov 3rd. I seen where some said they get them a day or 2 early. I just need to know if I need to be at home before the 3rd or not. Thanks guys.

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
Preordered my iPhone x it says it shipped but will be held til Nov 3rd. I seen where some said they get them a day or 2 early. I just need to know if I need to be at home before the 3rd or not. Thanks guys.
No, you don’t need to be home before the 3rd. As with every year, they are held until the 3rd.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
There's pretty much zero chance of you getting it before the 3rd.

You don't need to worry about having to be around before the 3rd.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
The last time there was any widespread early delivery of iPhones was in June 2010/iPhone 4. I was lucky enough to be one of those - and it was my first iPhone. Lots of people got those a day early on purpose due to issues with activation overwhelming AT&T when they all arrived on the same day for the previous release. I believe that was also the last launch of AT&T exclusivity (if I recall correctly, Verizon started selling the iPhone 4 around 6 months later).

I've only ever seen fakers post early delivery since, but I can imagine there are a handful that get out a day early. Lottery level odds for it being you..