Iphone shipping to wrong address.. ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by porterusaf, Jun 22, 2010.

1. porterusaf macrumors member

Alright so preordered on day 1 for the Iphone4 and some sort of glitch caused the AT&T billing address (old address in VA) to override my normal billing address (current address in TX). I called Apple to resolve the problem after I recieved the tracking number and the address was still the old one.

Apple gave me a link to change the shipping address in progress, which I did on Saturday, they said it could take a day to update and that Fed Ex may still possibly try a delivery at the old address (which is a bad idea) before shipping down to me.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue or any ideas? I'd really like my Iphone4 within the next few days. :)

I called Fed Ex and they said they can't change the address and that only Apple can, still no changes show in the tracking information.

2. porterusaf thread starter macrumors member

3. fuzion macrumors 6502

Well if it comes down to it being delivered there you could always have a courier service pick it up at your old address and ship it to you .. ?

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

O hai.

5. porterusaf thread starter macrumors member

Well that's a possibility, but from what I've been told after Fed Ex trys to deliver at the old address they will then hold the package and look for a new address (at that time being updated with the new address that Apple has).

I'm trying to find a way around this and route the package directly to my new address right now thus avoiding all that hassle. Fed Ex won't let me change the shipping though unless it's an Apple rep. What about if I call Apple then while they're on the line conference call Fed Ex and have them approve it right then... anyone think that might work?