iPhone shortcut for it's?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roland.g, May 30, 2008.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I thought the iPhone shortcut for it's was to type itsa but that doesn't seem to work. I know to get we're you type wereee and to get he'll you type helll and so on, but itss doesn't give you it's and I read somewhere that itsa did. But that doesn't seem to work either. I thought there was one. Anyone know?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry Roland, but I tried all of those and couldn't get any of them to work. I'm thinking that's the only one that doesn't seem to work. KMA (Keep Me Advised). Thanks. :confused:

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Unlike the other suggestions both 'its' and 'it's' are equally common; where 'its' represents the possessive and 'it's' represents the conjunction 'it is'. I see where Apple is coming from.

4. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Yes but if you know you want to use it's, something like itsx or itisa could trigger it, saving you the punctuation taps. That's the point of helll for he'll, etc.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

For some reason I still can't get the apostrophe to come up with itisa, itisx or any other combination. Maybe my fingers are too chubsie wubsie? LOL