iPhone showing images with incorrect orientation.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jedirunner, Nov 3, 2008.

1. jedirunner macrumors member

Hi all,

I am having a problem getting the iphone to show images properly after they've been synched to the mac, and then back to the iphone.

Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. I took several photos with the iphone, both in landscape and portrait mode.
    2. I connected my iphone to the macbook pro to sync
    3. I used Image Capture on the mbp to grab the photos off of the iphone (and automatically deleting them from the iphone).
    4. I review the pictures, and move the ones I want to save on the iphone into a separate folder.
    5. I tell iTunes to sync photos to the iPhone from the folder just specified.
    6. I view the photos on the iphone and they're oriented incorrectly. All of them appear to be off by 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? I'd like to get it solved, preferably in an automated fashion. :) (though I suppose I can open photoshop or some other tool and manually rotate them -- would that solve the problem?)

thanks for any suggestions you can give!

Kevin

2. jedirunner thread starter macrumors member

Photos problem on iphone...

Thought I'd give this just one bump and see if anyone has any suggestions...

Thanks,

Kevin

3. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

I'm actually having this problem too....although the pictures came off my point and shoot with image capture....

4. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

I have this problem too but only with a few, seemingly random photos. I sync my photos through Photoshop Elements. Sometimes it does it with photos taken with my iphone and some with my digital camera.

The only solution I have found was to download an app called 'Crop for Free'. It has an option to rotate a photo. It will then place it in your camera roll as if it were a new photo. Then I delete the old photo in Photoshop and resync the new one.