Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linseygreenlaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
My iphone 3G is having problems,,i had my phone connected to itunes and my phone started ringing but the screen still showed that it was syncing so i pushed the turn off button and it turned off.. well then i went to turn it back on and all it would do was turn on to the apple for about 2 min then turn off again...i cant get it it to turn on completly...i left it pluged in all night and got up this morning and still doing the same thing idk whats worng....PLEASE HELP

Max.

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2010
Miami, FL
First, try putting the device into recovery mode by holding the Home + Power buttons on start up for a few seconds and restoring that way. If that doesn't work try DFU mode by:
Ensuring your iPhone is off, hold home + power until the screen goes black after the Apple logo.
Release the power button but keep holding the home button for approximately 10 seconds.
It should appear in iTunes, don't interrupt the restore/sync process.

MatMoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
First, try putting the device into recovery mode by holding the Home + Power buttons on start up for a few seconds and restoring that way. If that doesn't work try DFU mode by:
Ensuring your iPhone is off, hold home + power until the screen goes black after the Apple logo.
Release the power button but keep holding the home button for approximately 10 seconds.
It should appear in iTunes, don't interrupt the restore/sync process.

You my friend are a genius!! Thank you very much :) Legend!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.