Iphone shuts off when I run apps.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bamfboy115, Sep 1, 2011.

1. bamfboy115 macrumors newbie

I just purchased an unlocked/jailbroken first gen 2g iphone and whenever I start up an app it runs for a few minutes and then the phone shuts down and says there is no power. As soon as I plug it in to my computer it says the power is full. If I have the phone plugged in while running apps it is fine. I have restored the iphone and re-jailbroke it but the problem still persists. Just so you should know when I got the phone both installous and cydia were already installed on it, so could that what has been causing the problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Llucy macrumors newbie

App Development For iPhone

You may have to contact your iPhone vendor ...may its problem with battery ..if its shutsdown inbetween...

Thanxs
    Lucy

3. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

What happens if you just restore to factory settings without Jailbreaking? Do you still see the problem?

If you still have the problem and you've /just/ purchased the iPhone, get the seller to take it back.

RTP.

4. Amyg809 macrumors newbie

I have the same exact problem!!!! Nobody I've talked to has a clue. Did you get it fixed??