iphone shutting down...why?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wix1, Sep 17, 2011.

1. wix1 macrumors newbie

wix1

Hi, i recently joined the iphone world and bought a 2nd hand 3GS 32GB iphone on ebay. Since the phone arrived it seems to shut down randomly but always when using an app, never on the main screen. The phone was already jailbroken when bought and i am wondering whether it could be down to this?

I am totally new to iphones, and not technically adept but when querying about it being Jailbroken the seller explained what it was and it sounded OK to me. The only other possibility is that i am on Tesco pay monthly contract, not an iphone deal either, just a standard month to month deal, but i assume their iphone deals only difference is the usage you have available - is that right or could that be the issue?

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Which ios version and baseband version are you on? Go to settings > general > about to get this info. Upon posting this, we might be able to help you better and also is it factory unlocked or software unlocked?

3. wix1 thread starter macrumors newbie

wix1

settings

Hi, thanks for your email, i cant find anything that says ios or baseband but under version it says 4.3.2 (8H7).

4. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

Your OS version is : 4.3.2 ( The latest available version for your model is 4.3.5)

Check again, there should be modem firmware