Iphone Signal better in dock!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by INeedhelp2, Mar 23, 2008.

1. INeedhelp2 macrumors newbie

Hi
    Well I have noticed that my Iphone has a much better single when it’s in the docking station with or without the USB cable attached at the docking end! So it’s not the cable or power that is enhancing the signal!
    A quick Google shows I’m not the only one to notice this :) so what causes this?

Is the there an aerial connection in the plug thus extending it? Is it reflecting the signal? What??

And has any one made a small plug in aerial for it?

2. operator207 macrumors 6502

Maybe its just the wiring in the dock that is extending something acting like an antenna. When I was younger, I had a walkman. I took it to my Grandmother's house. It did not get very good reception there. I was messing around with a metal coat hanger, and taped it to the walkman. I got much better reception on it with that coat hanger taped to the side of the walkman. Maybe the dock has the same effect as the coat hanger did to my walkman.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

when on battery power it power manages (to last longer) when in dock charging it can use as much power as possible.

4. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Yes, but there is no power running through the dock/cable. So, that's not it.

5. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

My iphone seems to do weird things with the number of bars it has no matter what. Maybe this is just another odd quirk