Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelairster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
My silent/ring switch broke:mad: the other day when i was changing it in class. Thankfully it is stuck on loud so atleast I'm not missing calls left and right. The phone hasn't been dropped or anything and the case is perfect so I assumed the toggle behind the switch broke so I ordered the replacement volume, heaphone jack, silent switch assembly of ebay for like 20 dollars. See Below

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...m=370043446712&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024

What I'm unsure about is whether their is a chance that the switch cover is broken or the switch. My switch cover just slides back and forth now without affecting the status of the phone. The switch covers or buttons come with the back case which run around 60 dollars on ebay. Can a switch cover break? I cant be stuffed opening my phone until i get the internal parts that i THINK it needs. Anyone have any experience? Have I ordered the right bit? Sorry if that doesnt make great sense i'll clarify if you need me to guys.

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
why cant you just send it in to apple for a new one if it has no physical damage your fine unless your unlocked and using a different carrier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.