iPhone silicone case availability?

smurray

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Is the Apple silicone case for the iPhone 6 available to purchase anywhere or is it on back order and/or preorder everywhere?

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
I haven't been to the Apple Store since two days after launch, but at that time, the 6 cases were virtually sold out, and there was only about 20 of the 6 Plus cases available.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
I have been trying to get one for days - and finally saw a store about 30 miles from my house got one in stock so I bought it online with in store pickup. I can't get there until Tuesday but bought it sight unseen since nobody has had them. I would suggest you keep checking in store availability of the stores near you - especially since they are so hard to get.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
I have one ordered but it says ships in October, I don't know what is taking so long for some silicone cases.

pirateninjae

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
The store availability tool online seems to be a bit off.

According to the tool, none of the silicone cases are in stock and won't be until for a couple weeks. I took a trip to the Apple Store (Portland, OR) and they had all cases in stock. A couple had 2-3 left, while certain colors had more than 10+.

I would try calling the Apple Store for a confirmation on the stock levels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.