Iphone sim card???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cforand1293, Jun 23, 2008.

1. cforand1293 macrumors regular

Does the new iphone 3G have a sim card like other att phones? I have not been able to find anything about this.

Thanks
    cforand

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

A SIM card is a SIM card. They are all the same.

3. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

4. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

So I can put any sim card in a iphone and it will work? Sorry to ask such noobie questions.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Perhaps read the Apple site. It's AT&T exclusive for five years. You can unlock.

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Not sure how the new one will work, but you have to have AT&T and activate the phone with that SIM card. Unless, you unlock it.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

next question coming: how do i go about unlocking this hear iPhone?

8. cforand1293 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, guys before I get to beat up, maybe I should reword my question. I have read that I will not be able to buy the new iphone for 199 if I have upgrade in the past 24 months. I have upgrade my phone this past year. My wife has not. If I buy the new iphone under her number, I am wanting to put my AT&T sim card in the phone and have it work.

* AT&T customers who have had 24 months of cell phone service since activation of their cell phone or since their last phone upgrade.

Certain AT&T customers may be eligible for a cell phone upgrade even if they have been in their current plan for less than two years (24 months), if they commit to a new 2-year contract and meet these eligibility requirements:

Let the beating begin.
    HAHA
    Thanks