iPhone Sim in Android phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Hello,

Might be getting an android phone for free and was wondering if I can simply switch the sim cards back and forth depending what mood I am in (lol). I know the iPhone 4 uses a mini sim, but I can get an adapter for that.

Question is - does AT&T frown upon this or will the data plan stay the same regardless?

Thanks.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm not sure it will work. The iPhone sim card is connect to an iPhone and iPhone only. For you to use the Android OS phone, you'd have to get another sim card with the appropriate data plan.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's incorrect. As long as you have a micro sim adapter, you can just put it in any unlocked or AT&T branded phone. Depending of the model of phone, it may or may not support AT&T 3G bands. But everything else will work.

So far I haven't gotten in any type of problems swapping my sim in multiple phones often.

4. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Works for me... I used an adapter to put my ip4 sim in my Nexus One. I wish Google would hurry OTA update me to Gingerbread so I could switch back to my iP4 :mad:

5. Hologram777 macrumors member

Hologram777

micro sim to mini sim adapter costs 5 bucks i already looked into it too lol

6. dylanursula macrumors 6502

I thought if you had an iPhone data plan you could not switch it to a noniPhone without AT&T switching your plan out? That would suck if you have the unlimited iPhone plan.... Not 100% sure about my assumption though!!!!

7. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

I swap to my Nexus 1 all the time, all you need to do is get a micro sim adapter and you're good to go.

8. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

^Bad and erroneous information, disregard any advise from this post^

9. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

It's the other way around, if you have a data plan other than an iPhone data plan you will get switched automatically when you put your non iPhone data sim into an iPhone. Lots of misinformation on this thread. :rolleyes:

10. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

where did you get that notion? as long as the "other" phone is micro sim compatible you can use it...or as some suggest use an adapter